• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking for. **WARNING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

DO IT, COME ON DO IT!

It's been suppressed a long time man.... have to reach back to freshman year of high school...

I want the Sun Crusher.

Blackfyre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You are taking it back. I've always liked centerpoint station.

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As long as they NEVER introduce/hint at/whatever the :facepalm: that was Luke's relationship w/ Callista, I dare say anything Abrams does is fine by me.

Last edited:

Blackfyre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

As long as they NEVER introduce/hint at/whatever the :facepalm: that was Luke's relationship w/ Callista, I dare say anything Abrams does is fine by me.

I definitely agree. I'd like to see them introduce Mara.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Possibly the only big time director worse than JJ Abrams is George Lucas himself.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Possibly the only big time director worse than JJ Abrams is George Lucas himself.

The existence of Michael Bay disproves your point. I'll take gratuitous amounts of lens flare over jive talking robots and jingoism any day of the week.

Last edited:

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

It's been suppressed a long time man.... have to reach back to freshman year of high school...

I want the Sun Crusher.

I'll up the ante.

This was a long ******* time ago. Before I ever knew the gentle touch of a woman or the biting taste of alcohol. But wasn't there supposed to be some grand scheme of Star Wars called the Journal of the Whils? 7, 8, 9 were supposed to focus on Luke fighting the ultimate evil and eventually having to sacrifice his own life to defeat it.

Full disclosure, I worked with West End Games to develop the Star Wars Roleplaying Game. I'm not proud of that time in my life, but it is what it is.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'll up the ante.

This was a long ******* time ago. Before I ever knew the gentle touch of a woman or the biting taste of alcohol. But wasn't there supposed to be some grand scheme of Star Wars called the Journal of the Whils? 7, 8, 9 were supposed to focus on Luke fighting the ultimate evil and eventually having to sacrifice his own life to defeat it.

Full disclosure, I worked with West End Games to develop the Star Wars Roleplaying Game. I'm not proud of that time in my life, but it is what it is.

WHOA MAN -

My impression was that people claimed Lucas ripped off the Journal of the Whills (authored by someone else) conveniently for the basis of his Star Wars story, but not that it was some previously formatted master plan. That's only if I'm remembering correctly though.

EDIT: I am flatly wrong above.^ Bravo, Harvey.

:slayer:

Last edited:

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one that thought the movie centered around Yoda sounded like an awesome idea?

The one thing I never understood in general was why the lightsaber colors were so boring though. Red, green, blue... and only Windu's purple (at least in true canon, that I can remember). But in the games they let you build with any colored crystal. :\

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Am I the only one that thought the movie centered around Yoda sounded like an awesome idea?

The one thing I never understood in general was why the lightsaber colors were so boring though. Red, green, blue... and only Windu's purple (at least in true canon, that I can remember). But in the games they let you build with any colored crystal. :\

Always thought it was more of an alignment/level thing than an aesthetic choice.

Also maybe those are the colors crystals come in? It's not like you can just use any old crystal to make a lightsaber.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IIRC, (at least in EU) lightsaber-grade crystals are extremely rare and hard to obtain. As you get into the "even rarer" part of the spectrum, you get more unique colors. I guess a lot of it came down to the Jedi's preference, and to getting the needed crystal (inasmuch as padawans need to construct their lightsabers themselves).

In the movies, Lucas originally only wanted Blue/Red for good/evil, but the blue light was really difficult to add after the fact in the outside shots on Tatooine from ROTJ, so they made Luke's new one green to show up better on screen. From there, I think SamJackson continued pushing and pushing for Windu to have a purple lightsaber for whatever reason, and Lucas accommodated him.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nevermind guys, we were all wrong:

From the script:
HAN
Fast ship? You've never heard of the
Millennium Falcon?

BEN
Should I have?

HAN
It's the ship that made the Kessel
run in less than twelve parsecs!

Ben reacts to Solo's stupid attempt to impress them with
obvious misinformation.

In the movie itself, you see a bit of an eyeroll after he says this. Obi-Wan was an educated jedi, having spent his earlier life traversing the galaxy, he probably knows his units. Han either doesn't actually know his units or is just trying to impress the old man. Easy to assume that the eye roll is more "oh, this cocky bastard thinks his ship is fast" but the stage directions make it pretty clear.

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A script before it was flushed out by EU.

Parsecs are not units of time. The script here would not even consider Vader as Luke's father.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads