• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking for. **WARNING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Ataturk pissing on the film really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

Movie was enjoyable and easily accomplished what it needed to do. Feels connected to the OT while at the same time being the fresh start that franchise needs in order to move forward. A very good film that didn't quite manage to achieve the greatness of the classics. Coming out of the theater my friend and I agreed that we would rank it behind the OT films but light years ahead of the prequels.

The real surprise was the new players. I loved Rey, Fin, Poe and BB8. Not to mention Kylo Ren who Driver all but nailed his performance of. Great job on their parts all around and makes me confident they will be good stewards for the franchise moving forward.

Wasn't perfect by any means. The biggest stand out was the soundtrack. Might have been the weakest of all the StarWars films even if it had its moments. Something about it was just a little off. Like it didn't connect as well to the moments on the screen as it did in past films. Curious my feelings on this will change in future viewing.

I'll get into more later when I have time and can do some proper spoiler texted thoughts. The good. The bad. And yes the ugly.

FWIW my theater was packed and had plenty of cheering at various moments though out the film. People seemed genuinely excited and I'm seeing that sentiment online too. It feel back. It feels right. More then anything that's what matters.

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Did anyone else have a surprise appearance by R2D2 while waiting in line? In a moment that stood out as fantastic movie promotion, this little guy came out of no where for photo ops.

Last edited:

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reflex sympathetic dystrophy syndrome? Now I feel bad...

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Obvious typo is obvious.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one having a hard time taking Kylo Ren talking to Vadar's mask seriously? Ever since whiny Hayden Christensen with his terrible dialogue in the prequels played Anakin Skywalker, I just can't take Darth Vadar seriously.

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How 'bout them naming the kid "Ben" in the first place? Leia never even met Kenobi and Solo only knew him for a day or so, and didn't seem to like him very much.

And speaking of Leia, wasn't Yoda's dying wish that Luke train her as a Jedi, too? I guess he forgot.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The biggest WTF moment in TFA (that I ran recall right now):

After that thing happened to Han Solo, they land and Leia (who felt it when it happened) is waiting and looking anxiously as the crew exits the Falcon. Directly into the eyes of Rey, who she's barely met, and totally ignoring Chewie *as he walks right past her* (who, it must be said, she has quite a bit of history with, who was Han's buddy and who she moments earlier lovingly embraced).

Considering how polished and obviously well (and/or over) -thought everything seemed to be, I wonder how the hell they missed this. I know they want to place Rey at the center of things, but then maybe don't have Chewie in that particular shot?

On a more positive note, I enjoyed seeing Max von Sydow, even though I suspected it would only be for a minute...

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
One thing that confused me.

Why did Snoke need to be a mo-cap CGI job? He looked humanoid and nothing about his appearance made me think they couldn't have just done prosthetics on an actor. Seemed an odd decision considering how much they promoted the "practical effects" angle.

Also I've got a feeling his design will be tweaked in the next film. It was OK but felt like it needed work.

Really the only character design that didn't connect with me in the film.

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score

Considering how polished and obviously well (and/or over) -thought everything seemed to be, I wonder how the hell they missed this.

It'll turn out that Rey is Luke's daughter, so she was hugging her niece.

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score

Why did Snoke need to be a mo-cap CGI job? He looked humanoid and nothing about his appearance made me think they couldn't have just done prosthetics on an actor. Seemed an odd decision considering how much they promoted the "practical effects" angle.
I'm guessing he's going to be really small when they show him in real life... like Yoda-size.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It'll turn out that Rey is Luke's daughter, so she was hugging her niece.

And she knows/feels this? Still not a good reason to totally ignore the fuzzball, IMO.

One thing that confused me.

Also I've got a feeling his design will be tweaked in the next film. It was OK but felt like it needed work.

Really the only character design that didn't connect with me in the film.

Maybe the Voldemort prosthetics only fit Ralph Fiennes, and he was busy doing Bond?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads