• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking for. **WARNING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Like the consular ship from the beginning of Star Wars?

The only unarmed ship in the entire history of star wars. Gotcha.

"lacks any offensive weaponry"

eat crow :embar:

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Even if the ship did have weapons the correct answer would be if they did that we wouldn't have the only redeeming thing in the entire movie. The lightsaber fight at the end.

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Second best scene in the prequels:

"I killed them. I killed them all. They're dead, every single one of them. And not just the men, but the women and the children too. They're like animals, and I slaughtered them like animals."

"Oh my God--that's so hot! Was there sand? Tell me about the sand!"

Episode 2 Anakin is downright creepy at times. I've heard women comment on how uncomfortable he makes them in some of the scenes.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are these "prequels" you guys keep mentioning?

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Episode 2 Anakin is downright creepy at times. I've heard women comment on how uncomfortable he makes them in some of the scenes.

"Creepy" doesn't even begin to describe him--he's a megalomaniac and mass murderer from the very beginning. But the girl barely seems to notice or care. Then in the third movie she's supposed to be surprised when he starts killing "good" people?

I wasn't expecting the prequels to be good movies, but I can't find a single nice thing to say about them. How 'bout the scene where Christopher Lee tells Kenobi everything that's been happening behind the scenes, and Kenobi's response is: "I don't believe you."

And it turns out Lee is evil after all anyway. What?

Last edited:

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You rewatched the prequels? You are braver than I thought.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I wasn't expecting the prequels to be good movies, but I can't find a single nice thing to say about them. How 'bout the scene where Christopher Lee tells Kenobi everything that's been happening behind the scenes, and Kenobi's response is: "I don't believe you."

And it turns out Lee is evil after all anyway. What?

The prequels were so great that I honestly can't remember this scene. I know I've seen all of the Star Wars movies but can't recall a lot about the prequels.

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was when Anakin Kenobin and Padme were captured on Geonosis, Dooku told him a sith lord controls the senate while trying to convert him

Last edited:

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm talking about this scene:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

I'm not oblivious -- I get what's supposed to be happening (or at least this is a plausible interpretation): Lee wants to move against Palpatine at some point in the future and he's trying to get Kenobi to go along with it. But how could that possibly work out in his favor? He tells Kenobi all he needs to know to go get Palpatine. He takes that to the rest of the Jedi, and they do. Then what?

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Re-watched the ending of ROTJ this weekend. I stand by my belief that Luke fighting Vader in the throne room with pervy Palpatine looking on is some of the best footage in the OT. Ewoks were a problem no doubt, but I still don't believe them to be as bad as some claim. The space battle may be the greatest one ever on screen. So there is that too,

Less then two weeks left guys. I can't believe we are almost there.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Re-watched the ending of ROTJ this weekend. I stand by my belief that Luke fighting Vader in the throne room with pervy Palpatine looking on is some of the best footage in the OT. Ewoks were a problem no doubt, but I still don't believe them to be as bad as some claim. The space battle may be the greatest one ever on screen. So there is that too,

Less then two weeks left guys. I can't believe we are almost there.

2 out of three ain't bad.

The Ewok stuff is just intolerable.

Johdus Fanfoozal

Reaction score

Re-watched the ending of ROTJ this weekend. I stand by my belief that Luke fighting Vader in the throne room with pervy Palpatine looking on is some of the best footage in the OT.

Vader taunting "Sissssster! So you have a twin sister!" followed by Luke going batshit crazy remains one of the best scenes in all of Star Wars and the culmination of everything awesome an 8-year-old had waited three goddamn years for.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads