• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking for. **WARNING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
IMG_9653.jpeg

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is anyone watching The Acolyte? Everything I've been seeing on Youtube is how this is a giant pile of sh1t.

@Jr Mouse don't you always watch all this stuff and defend it?

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Is anyone watching The Acolyte? Everything I've been seeing on Youtube is how this is a giant pile of sh1t.

No? I skipped all the Clone Wars stuff and never watched Ahsoka. Anything that reliant on Prequel lore turns me off.

I also thought Obi-Wan had a few interesting ideas but the fight scenes were downright ugly at points.

I haven't watched Acolyte as nothing I've seen so far from it looks that interesting to me. Maybe I'll loop back around to it at some point.

Edit: Right now I’m mostly interested in Andor season 2 and Mando 4. The Rey movie could be interesting as i’d like to see them start moving the universe forward again.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Regarding Acolyte, I don’t understand why they didn’t do a KOTOR series instead. The first game had an amazing story to mine for material.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

my recommendation, don't listen to the YouTube Star Wars reviews,

Now that that's off my chest. I am watching The Acolyte, and while it is no Andor, it is also no Book Of Boba Fett. It is enjoyable.

I specifically like that you can come in with almost zero prior Star Wars knowledge, since it is 100 year before The Phantom Menace, all you really need to know is, Jedi are generally good guys, and Force users, The republic is the government and that's about it.

TLDR: Is it great? no. Is it terrible? also no

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
my recommendation, don't listen to the YouTube Star Wars reviews,

Now that that's off my chest. I am watching The Acolyte, and while it is no Andor, it is also no Book Of Boba Fett. It is enjoyable.

I specifically like that you can come in with almost zero prior Star Wars knowledge, since it is 100 year before The Phantom Menace, all you really need to know is, Jedi are generally good guys, and Force users, The republic is the government and that's about it.

TLDR: Is it great? no. Is it terrible? also no

Yeah when half the chatter I see on social media is:

Woke lesbian witches!!!

I figured the YT reviews were not worth paying attention to. I’m saying that as someone who got it spoiled on Twitter.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's above Boba Fett, and below everything else...so far.
Also, Osha and Mae are always very covered up. Get one or both into Leia's slave outfit and the show improves.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's above Boba Fett, and below everything else...so far.
Also, Osha and Mae are always very covered up. Get one or both into Leia's slave outfit and the show improves.
I’d rate it (so far) above Boba Fett, Kenobi and Mando Season 3, below Andor, Mando (seasons 1 and 2) and Ashoka. All of this could change depending on how the rest of the season plays out.

Note I recently finished The Veil on Hulu and was LOVING it, until the last episode where they did NOT stick the landing. Same could happen here, so waiting to make final judgement until season is finished.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also having a brother and sister making out like they were lovers wasn't really good world building either...

Lucas is a weirdo . when they made Indiana Jones there were 3 writers : Lucas , Spielberg and Kasdan who was fresh to Hollywood .

the indy character needed to be flawed so Spielberg suggested alcoholism and kasdan suggested gambling .

Lucas went with child seducer , hence the plot point about the relationship with Marion ravenwood , who was supposed to be eleven years old while Indy was an undergraduate student of prof ravenwood

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll just refer to my previous statement about Lucas's sh!tty instincts...

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
IMG_9663.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads