• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking for. **WARNING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
They still had the world at their feet. They could have integrated the old cast and their story lines and gone in any direction.

I agree. I am commenting on the reason they brought the old characters back and the limitations the actors’ ages gave the narrative possibilities.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They still had the world at their feet. They could have integrated the old cast and their story lines and gone in any direction.
Mark Hamill was so completely hosed.
I validate his rage...

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They still should have done the New Republic instead of just reverting to Empire vs Rebels again, especially without showing us how any of that happened.

Or just have some guts and don't give in to the nostaglia member-berries and telling a novel story with new characters, but Disney ain't going to do *that* if they don't have to.
I wonder if they shot themselves in the foot.

There doesn’t seem to be a huge interest in telling any sort of stories tied to the events of the sequels. They didn’t really draw up a universe rich in potential for new content that wouldn’t fit before/after the OT.

New republic could have opened things up a lot more, rather than narrowing the story back down to lone Jedi vs empire/dark side with a tatooine stand in and limited development of the outside world.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The season final of Andor was spectacular. I thought the show was good from the start but by the time the prison arc began it had reached greatness.

So they are really only planning one more season? I could see them doing more seasons that center around other players in the rebellion. As others have said, the Galaxy is a large place.

Only one more season of Andor, that

Leads right into the beginning of R1

They had such a wide-open field with 7-9 and just squandered the opportunity. They could still pick up after 7-9 and have New Republic chasing remnants and criminals, demobilized Stormtroopers, a Jedi Academy, all at the personal level rather than the saving-the-Galaxy-every-five-minutes level.

They could even give Tatooine a break and stop going there all the time.:brick:

This! So much this! What a wasted opportunity. And regarding Tatooine, yes, please, give it a rest, I was ok with it, when Mando visited in one episode…… the. He went back, and back again, then Boba Fett…. seriously! Give me more of that ring world Mando visited. Stay away from Tatooine, please.

We got home last night from NYC and finally watched the finale of Andor this morning. What a great season--looking forward to the rest of the story. I think I read somewhere that Gilroy had said that the next season timeline would jump forward about a year.

Yes, it should begin about a year after events in Andor season 1 finale.

Prior to Andor season 1 airing, Gilroy divulged how Andor season 2's timeline would differ. The first season takes place over the course of a year, beginning in 5BBY and ending in 4BBY. Andor season 2 is expected to be split into four three-episode arcs, each taking Cassian Andor a year closer to Rogue One. The first batch will begin in 4BBY and end in 3BBY, with the second arc ending in 2BBY, and the third in 1BBY, before Andor season 2's ending leads into Rogue One.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don’t think the fact it’s a R1 prequel series is a secret. :)

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t think the fact it’s a R1 prequel series is a secret. :)

Yeah, I hear you.

was spoiler tagging the fact that the end of season two leads right into the opening of R1, some might consider that a season 2 spoiler, just trying to keep from pissing people off.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yeah, I hear you.

was spoiler tagging the fact that the end of season two leads right into the opening of R1, some might consider that a season 2 spoiler, just trying to keep from pissing people off.

:cheers:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Mark Hamill was so completely hosed.
I validate his rage...

Imagine if they had Luke annoying Kylo as a force ghost like this.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Absolutely. I've said it before, 7-9 is the biggest fumbling of an IP in history. Words can't describe how badly they dropped the ball. Utter shite.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Frankly, the rot started with Return of the Jedi, and not just because of the Ewoks but because of the 'oh, no, not another Death Star!' plot. 1-3 were utter shite, designed mainly to sell toys, and 7-9 were just a complete mess. Let's face it, the mainline Star Wars films do not actually have a very good hit rate!

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Last edited:

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Frankly, the rot started with Return of the Jedi, and not just because of the Ewoks but because of the 'oh, no, not another Death Star!' plot. 1-3 were utter shite, designed mainly to sell toys, and 7-9 were just a complete mess. Let's face it, the mainline Star Wars films do not actually have a very good hit rate!
I wouldn’t be that hard on them overall. I was disappointed with lots of ROTJ as a kid after the pure excitement of ESB. Ending things is always hard. Would have been much better if Lucas had let someone else direct the prequels of course.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

ROTJ is still a good movie. The redemption arc is quality. The space battle is great, the Vader vs Luke saber battle is good.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
ROTJ has the GOAT of all lightsaber fights.

Top 3 space battle too.

Last edited:

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ROTJ has the GOAT of all lightsaber fights.

Top 3 space battle too.

Was trying to think, what are the other good ones? The one is Rogue One is very good. Death Star attack run in ANH is iconic of course.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads