• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking for. **WARNING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I still can't figure out why Vader or the Inquisitor dude didn't kill her outright? Did they assume she would lead them to Kenobi? They clearly weren't following her. I mean, the Inquisitors' job was to kill or co-opt all Force users, right? Why would they let her go?

Same plotting device that JJ Abrams abuses horribly: having a goal in mind, so you force the prior actions to work out to meet that, whether they make sense or not. It's one of the many reasons the plot for ROS makes no damn sense.

They needed Third Sister on Tatooine, enraged at Vader. Therefore: skewered and left alive, conveniently finding the holocomm device which still works and contains Luke's location. Does that make sense? No. But it accomplishes the plot goal.

wklq76a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't watch any of the cartoons so had no background on Inquisitors before this show. Now that the series has wrapped, I can't say that they interest me in the least.

My sense is that they just had to invent an enemy faction for the cartoon that they could beat up for a few seasons. The Third Sister arc felt forced; origin story is cool but I didn't tune into Obi Wan for a predictable redemption story. Their costumes and makeup looked silly -- which is an admittedly bizarre take in a universe with rubber Jabba and Twileks running around. I can't pinpoint why, but that one shot of the Grand Inquisitor sauntering towards the camera from his ship just looked...off. The intra-factional drama was shallow, as well. Nothing about them worked for me here.

And yet, I still enjoyed the series overall. Awful dialogue and excessive CGI didn't keep me from enjoying the prequels. Non-sensical character development (if you call it that) and incoherent storylines didn't keep me from enjoying the sequels. Must be a Star Wars fanboy thing.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I didn't watch any of the cartoons so had no background on Inquisitors before this show. Now that the series has wrapped, I can't say that they interest me in the least.

I think the Inquisition goes back to some of the books, it definitely ties in to the Jedi purge. In "Rebels" (which I haven't fully watched) they kind of come off as a mid-level adversary for the low-level wannabe Jedi to fight without getting massacred by someone like Vader.

I was hoping to see an Obi Wan vs Inquisitor fight, 3v1 and he just wrecks them. Seems like it would have been low lying fruit for fan service, maybe just too complicated for their budget.

I didn't watch enough of Rebels to catch the lore on the Inquisitors. They obviously have some Force powers. How does that tie in to the Rule of Two? Do they just not get Sith training?

And yet, I still enjoyed the series overall. Awful dialogue and excessive CGI didn't keep me from enjoying the prequels. Non-sensical character development (if you call it that) and incoherent storylines didn't keep me from enjoying the sequels. Must be a Star Wars fanboy thing.
Yeah, like, it's Star Wars. It doesn't need to be picked apart as long as it works overall. I was fine with (most of) 7 and 8, hated 9. Obi Wan worked, overall.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I mean I still will pick it apart, but it's the internet. That's what you do here, right?

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I certainly don't intend on defending the prequels lol. A lot of those fights were garbage too, but they at least gave you the superficial impression that "hey the Jedi are good at light sabering!" They were the kind of thing that annoyed me in retrospect, not at the time (like the ones in the sequels).

And speaking of that:
Third Sister struggled to beat Uncle Owen armed with a pipe. With a light saber. That's more or less what I'd expect from the way they fought in the sequels, maybe some chump with a regular weapon could beat them. Whereas this Vader and Obi Wan...not so much.

It's also pretty close to the end of the episode, so there's no even time for some drama about maybe kidnapping Luke and using him as leverage with Vader or whatever. It was either redemption arc, or nothing.

It wasn't awful, but it wasn't really necessary beyond redeeming a character I didn't really have a reason to care about.
Yeah, but didn't he whack her right in her injured cootch??

Sorry, I failed with the newfangled spoiler tech.

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is Qui-Gon only SW character killable by stabbling? Stab from a regular sword would most likely kill a person left without quick medical intervention. Stab from lightsaber should do the job even quicker as the blade seems to be wider. Good aparently to kill Jedi Master in minutes, but no big deal for a Inquistors lol?

Still quite good season finale- minus that and some not so subtle fan service. Vader-Kenobi scenes were great. The show definitely got better in last 2-3 episodes. Bumps this season to 6.5-7/10 for me. Still the quality of scenes within is very uneven even in the better episodes.

Last edited:

wklq76a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the Inquisition goes back to some of the books, it definitely ties in to the Jedi purge. In "Rebels" (which I haven't fully watched) they kind of come off as a mid-level adversary for the low-level wannabe Jedi to fight without getting massacred by someone like Vader.

Ah ok my exposure is confined to the feature films, the new live action shows, and a few of the video games. Books are for the Real Nerds :hide:

I was hoping to see an Obi Wan vs Inquisitor fight, 3v1 and he just wrecks them. Seems like it would have been low lying fruit for fan service, maybe just too complicated for their budget.

Budget constraints have been fairly palpable across all the Disney+ series, though it wasn't as bad in this series as it was in BoBF. We spent waaaaayy too much time hiding behind barricades and shooting blasters in the desert, even for me.

I didn't watch enough of Rebels to catch the lore on the Inquisitors. They obviously have some Force powers. How does that tie in to the Rule of Two? Do they just not get Sith training?

Yeah I don't think this was really resolved, and there's too much inconsistency across canon media for it ever to be. In the KOTOR game series, you had Sith without any evident force powers, as well as lightsaber wielding "Dark Jedi" who weren't called Sith. I think the latter was to skirt the Rule of Two, but I couldn't explain the basis for the former. Whatever - I got to hack up some fools.

Yeah, like, it's Star Wars. It doesn't need to be picked apart as long as it works overall.

Yup, and yet here we are!

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is Qui-Gon only SW character killable by stabbling? Stab from a regular sword would most likely kill a person left without quick medical intervention. Stab from lightsaber should do the job even quicker as the blade seems to be wider. Good aparently to kill Jedi Master in minutes, but no big deal for a Inquistors lol?

Still quite good season finale- minus that and some not so subtle fan service. Vader-Kenobi scenes were great. The show definitely got better in last 2-3 episodes. Bumps this season to 6.5-7/10 for me. Still the quality of scenes within is very uneven even in the better episodes.

Light Saber would cauterize the wound though so you’d only be dealing with internal damage, not a risk of bleeding out

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Light Saber would cauterize the wound though so you’d only be dealing with internal damage, not a risk of bleeding out
Dr. Fanboy? :-D

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like how whatever planet everyone lands on, the air is just fine...

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll give them credit for having scoped out the livable places.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

It was also like that in Star Trek. Galaxy Quest had a great bit making fun of it.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Definitive Star Wars tier list. Fight me. :fence:

Empire Strikes Back
A New Hope
Return of the Jedi
The Last Jedi
Rogue One
The Force Awakens
Solo
Rise of Skywalker
Phantom Menace.
Revenge of the Sith
Attack of the clones.

Last edited:

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitive Star Wars tier list. Fight me. :fence:

Empire Strikes Back
A New Hope
Return of the Jedi
The Last Jedi
Rouge One
The Force Awakens
Solo
Rise of Skywalker
Phantom Menace.
Revenge of the Sith
Attack of the clones.
Is Rouge One that movie with Christina Aguilera and Cher?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads