• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking for. **WARNING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crawling out of a sarlacc's digestive tract causes a lot of water retention.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Although... Isn't this supposed to be 5 years post ROTJ. He retained his ship and everything, but he went from elite bounty hunter bod to dad bod in that timeframe? While on a quest to recover his armor?

Feel like we should still be using spoilers? It hasn't even been a week. ?‍♂️

Regarding your point, he's still an elite bounty hunter. The episode did a fine job showing you he hasn't lost a step. If anything this was the first time we got to see him do something cool in a fight. Boba Fett is shown to be much more of a badass than he was in ESB/ROTJ. Remember this is the same guy who got taken out by a blind man in the OT.

Dude just put on a few pounds.

Last edited:

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Star Wars has always had a big problem with timeline/age continuity, but that's what happens when you make the movies over the course of 40-plus years. Boba looks like he's showing up for the Sequel Trilogy instead of a few years post-ROTJ, but oh well. I really liked seeing him actually fight like a badass for once.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Star Wars has always had a big problem with timeline/age continuity, but that's what happens when you make the movies over the course of 40-plus years. Boba looks like he's showing up for the Sequel Trilogy instead of a few years post-ROTJ, but oh well. I really liked seeing him actually fight like a badass for once.

Maybe people age quicker or 'years' are simply a lot longer "a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away" - the latter might make some sense? Our year is based upon the Earth, why shouldn't the year in the Star Wars galaxy be based on a planet with a much slower or wider orbit, or even some pan-galactic measure? That would solve a lot of the seemingly bizarre decisions to allow a boy barely out of teenage years to lead an army, and Boba Fett ageing so dramatically. Mind you, that would make Wookies and whatever Yoda's species are, ridiculously old...

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Star Wars' inability to deal with relative time, ala Interstellar, really kills the realism for me.

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think we can even go there when we're talking about most sci-fi, including Star Wars. Han Solo makes the Kessel Run in under 12 parsecs; returns home to find his entire family and everyone he knows are long dead.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I mean, you can handwave most of that away by saying hyperspace is something special.

Hyperspace travel is some sort of *faster than light* travel that has you moving through a different space-time dimension.
Time-dilation only becomes a problem when you spend time approaching the speed of light, but activating the hyperdrive kind of skirts around that issue.

I don't fully understand what happened a few weeks ago when Mando had to do interplanetary travel sublight...either those planets were *real* close together, or he actually did fast enough that relativity starts to matter, but as long as it wasn't that long of a trip, you might only be talking about weeks or months. Might explain why he was so loathe to do it...even though you don't age, you don't really want to miss out on months of real world time.

And there was even some cover in that episode for the hyperspace story--the eggs would be at risk if they jumped into hyperspace, which implies that there is something...different...about it.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Willow!

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Holy ****.

This seems like...too much?

But I kind of hope they roll most of these things more of limited series. Handful of episodes, tight story, high production value.

Don't need 6 more Mando-style adventure of the week series.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Only two are directly connected to Mando. The rest are their own things in different timelines.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads