1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking for. **WARNING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Jr Mouse, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

If I recall correctly, the "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" when throwing the Emperor was not in the "original" Special Editions. I do believe that was a much later addition after the prequels.

1 person likes this.
  2. BrooksLauren77

BrooksLauren77 Senior member

It wasn't in the original '83 release. Another dumb change by Lucas. Ruined the best scene of the whole film for me.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  3. Harold falcon

I mean even in the late '90s special editions. It wasn't until the later Blu-Rays AFTER the prequels came out that they added the no.

4. Nil

Nil Senior member

Watching that video made me realize how much shittier and more prequely Lucas made the original trilogy in all his subsequent fumblings. I'm so happy that man has finally been stopped. Now I'm hoping Disney's insatiable greed recognizes the fact that just about everyone wants the original theatrical release on bluray and they come out with a new box set.

1 person likes this.
  5. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Watching that, I'll say I don't mind most of the digital ship enhancements. But basically everything on tatooine sucks.

6. Ataturk

Ataturk Senior member

The "digital ship enhancements" make them look like they came out of the cutscene of a mid-2000s video game.

7. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

You're thinking of why, who I'm surprised hasn't stopped by to point out that the Original Trilogy is the most overrated series of films in cinema history.

1 person likes this.
  8. BrooksLauren77

BrooksLauren77 Senior member

Low hanging fruit.

1 person likes this.
  9. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    I didn't mind the digital ship enhancements either, for what they were. Fun enhancements to classic battle scenes. Thing is they should have always been optional. Same with any other change. Make them optional and there really is no reason Lucas shouldn't get a chance to "enhance" (ugh) his original films. It's when they refuse to release the original cuts in any format to purchase I have a problem. These films are part of a whole generation's childhood. Not allowing people to consume the versions they watched as children is an absolute travesty.

1 person likes this.
  10. Jr Mouse

Star Wars: Episode VIII director Rian Johnson and Duncan Jones of the World of Warcraft movie just made my day. :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  11. Harold falcon

Heh. I guffawed audibly.

1 person likes this.
  12. Ataturk

Ataturk Senior member

You can't call them "enhancements" when they're so jarring and out of place with the rest of the movie.

13. Jr Mouse

They are jarring. You have CGI ships suddenly appearing in a battle that was filmed many years before using models. I enjoyed seeing them once or twice when the SE were released, but it gets to why I keep saying they should be optional. People should be allowed to see the movie in it's original form.

Another change up there with the "Nooooo!" Adding the young Anakin Force Ghost in the end of ROTJ. :fu:

2 people like this.
  14. otc

otc Senior member

I saw that some guy (kt650 or something) has made a "partially specialized edition" or something.
    Sounds like he took most of Harmy's high quality footage, but added back things that were seen as more "enhancements" than pointless dicking around.

15. Jr Mouse

At some point we will get the original editions on Blu-Ray. Too much money on the table for Disney and FOX not to come to an agreement to do this now that Lucas is out of the way.

Another change I hated was the CGI Jabba in ANH. The scene looked bad even at the time of the release and hasn't held up well at all.

1 person likes this.
  16. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Young Anakin ghost floored me. Why not replace Sir Alec with Ewan McGreggor too?

6 people like this.
  17. otc

otc Senior member

I think they should give this Harmy guy a job releasing the original trilogy.

He clearly has some skill, and more importantly, an absurd dedication to the task. Throw him some money, get him some employees, and give him access to a film scanner and the work prints from the vault. The guy already knows exactly what to do...most of his work now has just been finding the best copies.

I bet you could get the whole trilogy done for under a million bucks.

1 person likes this.
  18. Jr Mouse

I've heard it explained that he was returned to the state of his being before turning to the dark side. Still absolutely hated the change, but at least this explains the reasoning behind it.

19. Jr Mouse

1 person likes this.
  20. Kaplan

Kaplan Senior member

Well, that was pretty awesome.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

4 people like this.