• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking for. **WARNING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I might check it out as they have a free month going on. Any particulars to read up on first? Like which would be the must read that is good to start with?

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
To be honest, I haven't read a lot of it. I plan to do the same as you. Maybe do some google searching to see what is worth reading.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

All the Dark Horse Star Wars comics are on Marvel Unlimited now. Not cannon, but there is some good stuff to read.

Kind of annoying that after the buyout, Marvel decanonized all of the Dark Horse comics. I thought DH did a great job going into the history of Star Wars with the Tales of the Jedi story lines.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It was too much baggage. They had to either toss it all away or make a movie based on the comics that told stories that happened after ROTJ. They made the right choice IMO.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Thrawn trilogy by Timothy Zahn was actually very good stuff. Not cannon at all, but good stuff.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I want to read more about Revan, seems like one of the most interesting characters in the whole SW world.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I want to read more about Revan, seems like one of the most interesting characters in the whole SW world.

Buy Knights of the Old Republic.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I remember the thrawn trilogy being great. Would like to read it again now that I am older but I don't know that I really want to so close to this movie... I'll end up making comparisons instead of just enjoying it as a new story.

For years, I figured if any later episodes happened, they would just make movies out of the thrawn books rather than decanonizing all the books (since Lucas had originally let the post-ROTJ stories go forward saying he wouldn't make his own).

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, the Thrawn trilogy was the best of much of the EU, and traditionally thought of as the closest thing to Lucas-approved stories before the EU exploded and just became a free for all.

One of my favorite dark horse stories was Dark Empire. Do look that one up.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It was too much baggage. They had to either toss it all away or make a movie based on the comics that told stories that happened after ROTJ. They made the right choice IMO.

I can understand why Marvel would decanonize stuff around the current Star Wars period and things after RotJ but to toss out all of the history developed by DH Comics with TotJ was a little much. Those stories happened thousands of years before the current SW timeline.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
When house cleaning a mess it's easier to do a clean sweep then spot cleaning.

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Every Star Wars fan reaction when watching the trailer

0.jpg

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone see the teaser for Rogue One? I'm hoping it continues in the vein and atmosphere of JJ's sequals. I understand the rise of the Empire is not a happy time, but it's making Star Wars feel like Saving Private Ryan with the military chatter, and it blacking out at the end.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Not to mention there's no way the Death Star should be that big on a planet's horizon.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads