• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking for. **WARNING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like that theory, but I don't think Disney has the balls to allow it.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Only Sith exist in pairs.  Maybe it is going to go really dark.

I believe that the "rule of two" means that Sith only exist in pairs. This does not mean that Sith are the only ones that exist in pairs. Just because it's down to Luke and Ray shouldn't really indicate anything.

Having said that, I love the idea of Ray turning in the film. Then you could see the final film be her friends trying to turn her back.

brokencycle

Reaction score
I believe that the "rule of two" means that Sith only exist in pairs. This does not mean that Sith are the only ones that exist in pairs. Just because it's down to Luke and Ray shouldn't really indicate anything.

Having said that, I love the idea of Ray turning in the film. Then you could see the final film be her friends trying to turn her back.

I know. Jedi have a pairing system too. It just is kinda funny to think about it that way.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Sounds kind of like SF.
Can't really have Pio without GreenFrog, eto without Reveller, StephenHero without Hayward.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Sounds kind of like SF.
Can't really have Pio without GreenFrog, eto without Reveller, StephenHero without Hayward.

Edina with.... ?

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Can't really have Pio without GreenFrog,

Greenfrog eesa never gonna leave Pio,

Last edited:

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As a non-moviemaker: what's the purpose of those little signs with the snappy clacker-stick on the top? Why have something like that instead of just having that information automatically generate on-screen at the beginning of each take? I understand that traditionally they served a function, but it seems kind of archaic to me to be writing all that information in grease pencil before every take.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think the clap is still the best way to sync the audio since the sound is still recorded with a different system. The camera itself doesn't usually record the sound itself so those cues help.

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think the clap is still the best way to sync the audio since the sound is still recorded with a different system. The camera itself doesn't usually record the sound itself so those cues help.

Ah, okay. So the actual clap sound is used for something (audio sync)? How interesting. I guess that's why it's good to have that sharp percussive sound, then.

Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics