1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking for. **WARNING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Jr Mouse, Oct 30, 2012.

1. wojt

wojt Senior member

he seems like really nice and humble person

1 person likes this.
  2. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 17, 2016
  3. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or

You both are dead to me. John Cassaday is one of the single greatest comic artists working in the industry today. Few artists are capable of producing the iconic imagery he has over the years.

Here's some examples of his work. Might contain some minor spoilers in the eye candy if you haven't read these series:

Astonishing X-Men:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Star Wars:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Planetary:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Jr Mouse

I spot the love child of a Wookie and Ewok. :D

[​IMG]

5. horndog

horndog Senior member

How can we forget BG1? I think about it every time you post.

1 person likes this.
  6. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

I think the Star Wars franchise has entered the world of Marvel movies for me. Meaning, I will try to watch the new releases in the theater if I get around to it, but I won't care too much if I don't. And if I miss it at the theater, I'll watch it at home when I get to it. Or not - I don't think I've seen Iron Man III; I know I haven't seen Ant Man; not sure what else I've missed from the Marvel franchise. I will try to see SW EpVIII when its released, especially if they do something cool with Luke. But I doubt I will care that much if I have to wait. I certainly have no interest in Rogue One unless it is actually a very good film on its own.
    Seeing Ep.VII in the theater was fun, but that was probably the last gasp.

5 people like this.
  7. wojt

wojt Senior member

I'm sort of same boat as you dopey, looking forward to ep8, but other content so far looks generic to me and i;m not hyped at least for now.

:rotflmao: that's a good point

8. Jr Mouse

I could see it start feeling like that at some point down the road, but I feel like it's a little unfair to claim so right now. We have had a single film so far and a trailer for the next. Compare that to how many Marvel films? The comparison even becomes weaker when you consider the fact that Disney so far only has plans to do a single Star Wars film a year. Marvel is pushing out several. Keeping the releases to a yearly schedule may go a long way towards making each release still feel special.

9. brokencycle

brokencycle Senior member

They're going to need to be really careful about how they introduce new technology, character types, etc, so it doesn't feel out of place compared to A New Hope. By characters I mean, special stormtroopers or dead droids or whatever.

10. horndog

horndog Senior member

I just want to see one rated R gloves off low-humor Star Wars movie.

1 person likes this.
  11. Jr Mouse

Nothing they have shown so far seems too out of place. We have a new type of droid and what looks like a small group of specialized black storm troopers. Overall it looks like a lot of care is being taken to keep the look and feel of the time frame the movie is supposed to take place in. The Empire was supposed to be huge so i'm ok with seeing a few things that we never saw before.

I do know one rumor from a while back:

That they have re-created Vader's costume from ANH down to the very last detail. So when he makes an appearance int he film it will match what we saw in A New Hope, slight reddish tint to eyes and all.

12. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

It's nice to see Tommy Chong getting some work.

13. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Darth Deadpool?

Are you talking more Harold & Kumar low-humor, which would have the extra benefit of advancing the conspiracy to promote the Big Lie that Azns can survive in space as well as normal people?

14. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

The volume is part of it, but it is more that the franchise so far hasn't grabbed me. Of the three main still-alive carriers, none of them are really that compelling. Daisy is the best, but I am not a twelve year old girl so less enthused about the ongoing adventures of daisy than some of you might be. Finn is bumbling and Kylo is more slappable than scary. That doesn't mean I hate it. Just that I don't care all that much. It is much different than the first movie where pretty much all the characters Han, Luke, Darth Vader, Obi Wan, Leia, etc. were compelling in one way or another from the start. Even the droids were interesting. This one . . . I do want to know Daisy's and Snoke's back story and see what Luke does, but it might be enough to read about it and then watch on the small screen.

2 people like this.
  15. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

I've had these toys since I was a kid and the earliest ones date back to 1978. I've been carrying them around and was pressured by my ex wife to sell them, which there's no way I would. Now that I have a son I finally put some of them out. This is about one-third of my collection.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5 people like this.
  16. Jr Mouse

Those are amazing. I used to have a large collection too. Found out my mother gave away a large portion of them to church for a garage sale they were having to raise funds. Didn't even ask me how I felt about it and assumed I wouldn't care.

17. wojt

wojt Senior member

I bet shitstorm ensued :p

18. Jr Mouse

Star Wars: A New Hope turned into one long scrollable schematic. Impressive amount of work went into this.

http://swanh.net/

19. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  20. Graemsay

Graemsay Senior member

1 person likes this.