• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking for. **WARNING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I agree, but her performance is to be honored. It brought us years of this.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
okay so the carrie fisher story's false.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Then...and now...

and...for the win...

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher have aged horribly...

Last edited:

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seriously. The inner nerd in me got all excited when I heard they'd be in the sequels, but then I saw more recent pics of them...

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Last edited:

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
facepalm.gif
for me. Redacted.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think Mark Hamill got into a car crash early in his career which scared his face up, so he went into voice acting. Plus if he stayed in video acting I'm sure it would have been rough since he would forever be Luke Skywalker. I bet even today he can't even pump gas without someone yelling out "Luke, I am your father!"

Those are bad pictures of Carrie Fisher. If she lost 20 lbs, with makeup and botox and good lighting she would make a fine older matronly Leia.

There is too much pessimism in this thread. New Star Wars movies will be made, and George Lucas will not direct them. Everyone should be happy.

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm excited. Not pessimistic about this venture at the moment and honestly believe they will get it right.

You are probably right on Fisher. Drop a few pounds, put on some makeup and she could pull it off. Some kind of royal robes would do a fair amount to cover up an excess body fat.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In light of being almost 15 years out from Jar Jar, would it be possible to completely, digitally create a younger Han, Leia, and Luke - thus having Ford, Fisher, and Hamill only do voice acting in the first place? Then the timing of the sequels in relation to ROTJ wouldn't have to matter at all.

:eh:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The Uncanny Valley has yet to be conquered. They could do this, but the real question is if they should. It just never looks right, IMO.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads