• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Star Trek > Star Warz threak.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DS9 was the best Star Trek series.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Agreed. And Sisko was the best captain.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Elim Garak was my favorite character in DS9.

"Lying is a skill like any other. And if you want to maintain a level of excellence, you have to practice constantly"

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Garak was awesome as well as his little twink, Bashir. They made a cute couple.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
But yeah, best ST episode of any series, In the Pale Moonlight, S6xE19. That one really let Garak shine.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know exactly which episode you're talking about. Probably one of the best episodes of the whole series.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Completely wrong.

Here's the correct ranking-
1. DS9
2. Discovery
3. Next Gen
4. TOS
5. Voyager
6. Enterprise

You're welcome.

Dust For Eyes

Reaction score
I attempted to watch TOS, but I just couldn’t do it. I tried, honestly I did.

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TOS is made on camaraderie between Kirk, Spock and McCoy and climate of 1960s optimism and space exploration. I love the show because of that. Also some episodes are very very solid s-f writing like; "Balance of Terror" or "The City on the Edge of Forever".

Next Generations is filled with annoying useless characters like Wesley Crusher or Diana Troy. Although Picard is awesome and some episodes have very good writing it feels rather empty compared to unlimited possibilities and exploring done in TOS.

IDK how can you rate NextGen above TOS.

I never really got into DS9 but I've heard from people how watched all of it, that it is very good.

Noteworthy all discussed ST series are still way above recent abominations committed by Jar Jar Abrams.

Last edited:

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If assessed objectively, rather than through the lens of Baby Boomer nostalgia, TOS had maybe a dozen solid episodes, maybe another dozen they were ok, and the rest were crap. The only thing that made it watchable was the interaction between the main three characters.

Next Gen had a mediocre first two seasons, but got steadily better and had better overall quality, despite Wesley Crusher (who largely disappeared after the first season, anyway). And any show that made Whoopie Goldberg watchable had to be good.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
TOS was okay, but TBH, I thought the original cast films were way better than the show, and showcased the camaraderie between the characters a bit better than the show.

And any show that made Whoopie Goldberg watchable had to be good.

IMO Troi should have been fired/discharged and Guinan should have taken her job LOL. In hindsight, Troi was kinda useless.

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If assessed objectively, rather than through the lens of Baby Boomer nostalgia, TOS had maybe a dozen solid episodes, maybe another dozen they were ok, and the rest were crap. The only thing that made it watchable was the interaction between the main three characters.

Next Gen had a mediocre first two seasons, but got steadily better and had better overall quality, despite Wesley Crusher (who largely disappeared after the first season, anyway). And any show that made Whoopie Goldberg watchable had to be good.

I’m 35, so it’s hardly nostalgia in my case ;) and I would rank TOS ahead of TNG. Ofc The Next Gen. had brilliant episodes like "Chain of Command" or "Tapestry" but overall it was imo too dry and preachy. While decorations and effects in TOS are often laughable, TNG effects aged badly too. Around 2 dozens of TOS episodes were very good, however the whole show was like 6 dozens episodes so that's no so bad.

I still like both very much, but TOS is just more fun for me. Admittedly part of the fun is that it is kampy.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Have you see the fan-made "Star Trek Continues" on YouTube? They picked up where TOS left off to complete the 3 year mission. It was actually pretty damn good. In one episode they had Lou Ferrigno play an Orion slaver, how cool is that!

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you see the fan-made "Star Trek Continues" on YouTube? They picked up where TOS left off to complete the 3 year mission. It was actually pretty damn good. In one episode they had Lou Ferrigno play an Orion slaver, how cool is that!

I did not know it existed, I will look it up

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads