• We would like to welcome Craftsman Clothing back as an official Affiliate Vendor. Craftsman Clothing is a brand for the refined men who want to look good with minimal effort, and care about products that are well-made. In additon to being a go-to brand for all things essential, Craftsman Clothing also offers bespoke outerwear that’s uniquely crafted for you. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Official Star Trek > Star Warz threak.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Agreed. And Sisko was the best captain.

Texasmade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Elim Garak was my favorite character in DS9.

"Lying is a skill like any other. And if you want to maintain a level of excellence, you have to practice constantly"

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Garak was awesome as well as his little twink, Bashir. They made a cute couple.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
But yeah, best ST episode of any series, In the Pale Moonlight, S6xE19. That one really let Garak shine.

Texasmade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know exactly which episode you're talking about. Probably one of the best episodes of the whole series.

SixOhNine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Completely wrong.

Here's the correct ranking-
1. DS9
2. Discovery
3. Next Gen
4. TOS
5. Voyager
6. Enterprise

You're welcome.

Dust For Eyes

Reaction score
I attempted to watch TOS, but I just couldn’t do it. I tried, honestly I did.

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TOS is made on camaraderie between Kirk, Spock and McCoy and climate of 1960s optimism and space exploration. I love the show because of that. Also some episodes are very very solid s-f writing like; "Balance of Terror" or "The City on the Edge of Forever".

Next Generations is filled with annoying useless characters like Wesley Crusher or Diana Troy. Although Picard is awesome and some episodes have very good writing it feels rather empty compared to unlimited possibilities and exploring done in TOS.

IDK how can you rate NextGen above TOS.

I never really got into DS9 but I've heard from people how watched all of it, that it is very good.

Noteworthy all discussed ST series are still way above recent abominations committed by Jar Jar Abrams.

Last edited:

SixOhNine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If assessed objectively, rather than through the lens of Baby Boomer nostalgia, TOS had maybe a dozen solid episodes, maybe another dozen they were ok, and the rest were crap. The only thing that made it watchable was the interaction between the main three characters.

Next Gen had a mediocre first two seasons, but got steadily better and had better overall quality, despite Wesley Crusher (who largely disappeared after the first season, anyway). And any show that made Whoopie Goldberg watchable had to be good.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
TOS was okay, but TBH, I thought the original cast films were way better than the show, and showcased the camaraderie between the characters a bit better than the show.

And any show that made Whoopie Goldberg watchable had to be good.
IMO Troi should have been fired/discharged and Guinan should have taken her job LOL. In hindsight, Troi was kinda useless.

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If assessed objectively, rather than through the lens of Baby Boomer nostalgia, TOS had maybe a dozen solid episodes, maybe another dozen they were ok, and the rest were crap. The only thing that made it watchable was the interaction between the main three characters.

Next Gen had a mediocre first two seasons, but got steadily better and had better overall quality, despite Wesley Crusher (who largely disappeared after the first season, anyway). And any show that made Whoopie Goldberg watchable had to be good.
I’m 35, so it’s hardly nostalgia in my case ;) and I would rank TOS ahead of TNG. Ofc The Next Gen. had brilliant episodes like "Chain of Command" or "Tapestry" but overall it was imo too dry and preachy. While decorations and effects in TOS are often laughable, TNG effects aged badly too. Around 2 dozens of TOS episodes were very good, however the whole show was like 6 dozens episodes so that's no so bad.

I still like both very much, but TOS is just more fun for me. Admittedly part of the fun is that it is kampy.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Have you see the fan-made "Star Trek Continues" on YouTube? They picked up where TOS left off to complete the 3 year mission. It was actually pretty damn good. In one episode they had Lou Ferrigno play an Orion slaver, how cool is that!

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you see the fan-made "Star Trek Continues" on YouTube? They picked up where TOS left off to complete the 3 year mission. It was actually pretty damn good. In one episode they had Lou Ferrigno play an Orion slaver, how cool is that!
I did not know it existed, I will look it up

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.