• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

[Official] SEAWALL Shop Shirts - High Quality Wovens & Knits Made in Maine

Portland Dry Goods

Reaction score
It's become a high priority at Portland Dry Goods to try to encompass all of the great products that can be (and are) made right in state. We've had great success with Rancourt for classic handsewns, and we have jewelers, bag makers, and even blankets made within an hour away. We're proud to present StyleForum with a relatively unknown shirtmaker who is close to us in business and proximity.

SEAWALL Launched in July 2012 with the goal to create a small batch product in house, on site. SEAWALL sewed their first run of shirts on Wharf Street, half a block from PDG in a space that was almost more art installation than shop space – you could watch the next series of oxfords being rolled out, cut, and assembled right next door to where you ran your credit card.

Production & design are handled by Daniel Pepice whose teeth were cut working with some well known men's fashion brands from the last decade - our favorite being old Maine standby Rogues Gallery - and Brook Delorme, who also works on a Maine made women's intimates line of her own.

Today SEAWALL is produced 20 minutes north of us, in Freeport, ME by a very small team of craftspeople. We are currently the sole retailer of the brand, and we're proud to offer it as the core of our Made in Maine program. The men's collection as it stands utilizes two variations on the button down shirt.

S2S P2P SLEEVE BACK
S 17.5" | 21" | 24” | 31"
M 18" | 22" | 24.75” | 32"
L 18.5" | 23.5" | 25.5" | 32"
XL 19" | 25.5" | 26.5" | 33.5

The Woven Trapunto Button Down Shirt is made with carefully selected fabrics (some by them, some by us) from English and Japanese Mills who produce some of the nicest textile's I've seen on a button down at PDG. Every shirt is sewn and then pre-washed to negate future shrinking and give the garment a slightly rumpled, easy going finish. Trapunto stitching gives the placket some extra substance and provides a smart visual detail that also serves as a subtle callback to our brand (our shirts are completely unbranded outside of the tag along the neck).

S2S P2P SLEEVE BACK
S 17.5" | 21" | 24.5" | 29"
M 18.5" | 22.5" | 25" | 30.5"
L 19" | 23.5" | 26.5" | 31"
XL 20.5" | 24.5" | 27" | 32.5"

The Jersey Stitch Down OD Shirt is our crowd favorite for sure. This shirt is cut in a heavy ( 11.5 oz) California milled open-end jersey and assembled with familiar details (trapunto, shell buttons, et al.). Rather than a button closure, the collar is tacked down and the top button is left out – this is your day off shirt, we don't want to let you put a tie on with it. Before buttons & tags are put on, the Stitch Down is garment dyed – we've started with some easy colors this summer (stay tuned), but the process allows us to explore relatively unlimited options for future releases. By nature of the dye process the shirts are 'washed' hot; the end product is expected to be mostly shrink resistant because it's already shrunk. That being said, with multiple and consistent hot washes & dry cycles you might see the slightest shrink (maybe 5% over time).​

We've got some brand new products being shot and made visible for the web, so keep an eye on this thread for a few updates; Any further questions can be pointed in my direction – I'd love to get these shirts out there into the world! (I think one or two of you have one already)

-D.O.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any plans for a Blue Oxford?

Also what are the collar measurements for sizes Small & Medium?

Portland Dry Goods

Reaction score

Any plans for a Blue Oxford?

Also what are the collar measurements for sizes Small & Medium?

no plans just this minute for a blue oxford. Our oxford shirt program is interesting in that the two colors are the same fabric - the white is "as is", while the black has been overdyed in the same way that the jersey has. through that process we might be able to do a blue woven down the road. at any rate, the blue chambray is very close in appearance to a lightweight oxford.

Collars measure as followed:

S: 15"
M: 16" .

They're very slightly relaxed, built to be a touch easier to wear for casual dress

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Jersey stitch down is the business. I have the OD black. Looking forward to trying one of the wovens.

Portland Dry Goods

Reaction score

Jersey stitch down is the business. I have the OD black. Looking forward to trying one of the wovens.

The Jersey is the secret sauce of the whole project. makes a lot more sense nowadays since we're not too worried about getting suit-and-tie'd up on the day to day. Cant wait to show you the new batch :D

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The Jersey is the secret sauce of the whole project. makes a lot more sense nowadays since we're not too worried about getting suit-and-tie'd up on the day to day. Cant wait to show you the new batch :D

Looking forward to the new batch of jerseys myself.

It's really a great casual concept you've got. All the comfort of the knit but you avoid the polo angst (for anyone who suffers from that... :)) And I'm sort of a full collar guy for wovens (like the classic BDs with that roll), but the smaller collar on the jersey works for me. And it's also interesting how the cuffs and the collar rumple a bit and roll a little at the edges. Very cool overall.

I don't think I've ever really posted a proper photo of the one I have. Will have to go find it (I have, ahem, too many shirts...) and get a real photo of it for this thread.

And setting the collar size stuff aside, very interested to check out what the Trapunto stitching on the wovens is like. If I don't pick one up earlier, I may try to stop into the store late summer and have a look in person.

boxdok

Reaction score
How do the shirts fit. I'm tall with a slender build. 6 I have a few J crew slim fit shirts in a large. they fit ok but i find them to be a bit wide in the midsection. I wear 40 in suits so I was looking to size down to Medium in these shirts. I'm looking for a pretty slim fit to wear with my tapered jeans.

Portland Dry Goods

Reaction score

My coworker is notorious for only wearing navy. this was his way of saying "I respect that there are more blues out there"

How do the shirts fit. I'm tall with a slender build. 6 I have a few J crew slim fit shirts in a large. they fit ok but i find them to be a bit wide in the midsection. I wear 40 in suits so I was looking to size down to Medium in these shirts. I'm looking for a pretty slim fit to wear with my tapered jeans.

these are pretty long. measurements are at the top of the thread, but I think you could get away with a medium! if theres any fit issues hit me up - we could do a return if we needed to. Just let me know what you're thinking!

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'm a little over 6 feet and about 180 lbs. I bought a large in this shirt and it's comfortable fit. Not tight at all. So I bet you might well want to try a medium of you are looking for a slim fit.

Portland Dry Goods

Reaction score
For anyone thats curious or on the fence about our shirts, we're doing a storewide flash sale for the weekend. SEAWALL will not be going on sale for any seasonal markdowns, so if you're holding out for a deal this is your best shot!

Hi Guys,

for the long weekend we're doing a flash sale on SEAWALL Shop, 30% off from tomorrow morning, July 3rd at 10am through midnight on Sunday, July 5th. 30% is storewide, which means you have a rare chance to scoop a seawall shirt for a nice price (seeing as they don't go on sale at end of season, this is probably the best opportunity). there's plenty of great merchandise left so please take a look! once you've found something, enter the code SUMMER30 at checkout.

the rest of the world learns about this tomorrow morning just as the sale goes live - we wanted to give SF a few hours notice to start scheming :).

Best,

D.O.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics