Official Sales Alert thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jun 22, 2007.

1. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Bought $250 gyakusou, no duties. They were great to deal with, responded to my questions and went beyond expectations. Good store, although not much I would buy there

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011

2. afixedpoint

afixedpoint Crossfit

No customs for me

3. sexandcandy

sexandcandy Senior member

anyone else not get a confirmation e-mail from asos yet?

4. zissou

zissou Senior member

I had a bit of a hangup with Fedex/customs because End actually marked up what I paid. They put the full retail price, not the retail price -25% -20% VAT that I actually paid. For some reason, they even listed the shipping cost as 2x what I paid. Either that, or they listed the values in USD, but accidentally put the currency as GBP. Anyway, the Fedex guy who emailed me was great about it when I emailed him my receipt, and he kept it out of customs. I felt like I owed him a fee of some sort for helping me out, but I haven't been charged anything. Do people usually get billed on delivery, or do you get a bill in the mail afterwards?

The one thing I didn't understand was that he said importing anything over the value of US$250 requires a tax ID number. :puzzled:

5. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

are there any codes still valid for The Corner?? Post 'em if you got 'em.... thx!

6. 13k

13k Senior member

Anyone need a 20% off code for TBS? I have a one time use code and I don't anticipate buying anything... expires 12/18.

7. 13k

13k Senior member

sexandcandy was first sorry fellas

8. ffatt

ffatt Senior member

So, you ended up paying nothing or very little? iirc you bought Inverallan 1A which is made in the UK, so the customs can't possibly too much right. What was your initial charge. Is there a cutoff below which there is no charge? 250, is that what the dude said zissou?

9. mischief

mischief Well-Known Member

Fedex doesn't usually charge you on delivery like UPS does. They send you a bill whenever their billing cycle is (middle or end of the month or whatever).

10. mrk_d

mrk_d Well-Known Member

If you're in NYC you HAVE to go to Generra in Chelsea. (823 Washington Street, generra.com). Everything is 75% off. APC, WWM, Acne, etc. APC NS for $44 are you kidding me? I just copped a ridiculous amount of stuff and saved thousands but there's some good stuff left. They have men's and women's so get your girlfriend something nice while you're there.

11. sexandcandy

sexandcandy Senior member

^nice. someone proxy me some new cures or petite standards

12. 1969

1969 Senior member

13. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

"Unpretentious cool. Quiet and confident. Subtle and personal. Generra has imbedded itself in the American consciousness with its casual and complete lifestyle concept. In 2009, Generra opened the Studio , a multi-brand lifestyle concept store for men and women in New York’s famed Meatpacking District. The Studio has brands from around the world that allow everyone who wears them to achieve that ideal state of effortless chic."

Even tho "unpretentious cool" is their first sentence on the about section, everything that follows is the exact opposite

14. habitant

habitant Senior member

saved thousands eh? Imagine all the money you would have saved if you didn't spend any money at all!

15. onijo84

onijo84 Senior member