• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
My 39 MMM GATs most definitely fit smaller than my 39 CP Achilles

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a 42 in CP and a 9.5 on the Brannock device. 42 in CP fits me comfortably, whereas 42 in the GATs were too tight. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Last edited:

systematic

Reaction score

Damn, this is a pretty good deal. The GATs do come with laces in the box, right?

I don't know. These are the ones you could wear without laces, since they have the elastic things inside of them. Still, it would make sense if they included laces...

----------------
Never tried any on, but from what I've heard a lot of people size up one from CP's.

Last edited:

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score

I don't know. These are the ones you could wear without laces, since they have the elastic things inside of them. Still, it would make sense if they included laces...
----------------
Never tried any on, but from what I've heard a lot of people size up one from CP's.

son you don't have mmm gats so shhhhhhhhhh

thatoneguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have 2 pairs of low achilles both in size 44 that only differ in color, one of them fits perfect where as the other is really tight and I would rather have a 45. I wear 45 in MMM lows, so in one case I would be the same size as my CP size, but I could also be 1 size above my CP size. The point is don't size down

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw one guy say he was sizing up for MMM, I had to jump in.... :embar:

Whether you take same as CP or true to your usual size, that's fine and everyone's feet are different, just don't size up, it would be absurd

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score

thank you for saying the exact opposite of what i just said

this. look, the ******* deal with MMM GATs: either size up or stay TTS depending on how wide your feet is. GATs are generally understood as being TTS, while CPs are BIGGER than tagged size, but are NARROW.

Last edited:

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:facepalm:

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads