• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm ******* confused now. I'm a 9.5D on the Brannock. He recommended that I size up to 10. But size 10 according to him would be a European 44 lol. Too confusing.

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that sale is always the one i dread the most, almost like occupy wallstreet

ribkin

Reaction score
Confused... I'm a 10 in chucks... kopped a 10.5 in w+ h .... should I ask them to change to 10? :fu:

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

OC sample sale
ervell && other ****
60-90% off
December 9-11th
Fri & Sat 11-8pm
Sun 11-7pm
76 Wooster Street
Between Spring + Broome Streets
NYC

I always pick the best days to work from home :devil:

Their sample sales are a total crapshoot though. don't expect like Ervell shirts in full size runs or anything like that. Expect **** like weird pleated jeans and the ugly leftovers from OC x Pendleton. That said you can get very very lucky on some very cool stuff if you dig enough.

Last edited:

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I just gave Memes NYC a call re: W+H sneaker sizing and the guy was confusing as hell. He said that the half sizes were a mistake, and that he would be removing them from the site shortly. Also, he was very adamant about a 43 european size = size 9 US.
He said that half sizes should size up on the W+H sneakers. Any advice about this?

This is WRONG. I am a 9 on the brannock and wear a 42 in the Wings sneakers, same as CP. No reason this should be confusing. Take your CP size.

For reference: I am a 42 CP, 8.5 D Alden Trubalance, 9/9.5 Yuketen and Quoddy, 9 on the brannock device, 10 Nike Free.

They do run slightly shorter in length than CP, but overall they are the same. Most CP wearers find CP to be long and narrow, so the slightly shorter length should be good for most people.

Last edited:

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Confused... I'm a 10 in chucks... kopped a 10.5 in w+ h .... should I ask them to change to 10? :fu:

You are a 43 in Wings, most likely.

Last edited:

jwoowoo

Reaction score
If anyone is willing to proxy for the OC sample sale, shoot me a pm. I'm trying to get lucky on some XS Ervell.

AHShadow

Reaction score

I'm a 33 in APC NS and I wear a 36 in w+h pants, though I would need to take in the waist a little bit (34 were way to tight).

I'm a 27 in APC NS, so a 30 in W+H should fit perfect :D.

Thanks!

Just to be sure though, what size do you wear, slack tide?

Edit: Nvm, 30 sold out :brick:

Last edited:

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone willing to proxy SALT sale with reasonable fee??

jaspar

Reaction score

I am curious as well.

Apparently management is keeping even SAs in the dark, so I'm assuming as late as a few days before Christmas, for additional 30% and, hopefully, finally, first 30-40% off outerwear.

prurient

Reaction score
I'll proxy from OC Friends and Family if you want, but as it has been said in here many times, expect racks and boxes of stuff that hasn't sold in the past three years. I've gone to the past five of their sample sales and always purchased tons of stuff (Ervell, Haversack, BOO, Cabourn, etc.) but it's mostly stuff that you would never buy retail... actually not even at 50% off probably. So yeah... not sure what you'd want me to proxy for, unless you're into the "buy me something nice and cheap" kind of thing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads