Official Sales Alert thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jun 22, 2007.

1. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

stfu

2. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

you can't see this post ?

Last edited: Nov 27, 2011

3. Cahrin

Cahrin Senior member

Try again in another browser. Just did it in Chrome and it worked - was using FF8 and was getting DOM parsing errors after submitting.

Edit:

Tech issues - should be working now (browser independent) according to a super fast response from the Context staff.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2011

4. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

You should show you applied the code and it worked. Otherwise no one would believe you. Plus, as running a website, they have rights to refund you if there's something wrong with their pricing. You haven't replaced your order yet, and no one knows what you said is true or not, If you applied the code, and placed the order, and mr porter refused to ship it to you. oh man that's another story.

5. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

1) You can't block me, sorry. I am one of the owners the place. SO YOU WILL LISTEN TO EVERY SINGLE WORD I HAVE TO SAY.
    2) Seriously bad attitude. Maybe you'd be happier if you had the attitude that if an expired code works, you are like "Yes, awesome!", and if the expired code doesn't work, you are like "Meh, bad luck. Maybe next time."
    3) Bad attitude towards other posters as well. Ever thought that you could be the one who is wrong? Happens to the best of us.

6. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

:crackup:

7. blairh

blairh Senior member

Honestly if you want to continue this you should PM me. You keep discussing this on here when I said I want to drop it.

I can't show I applied the code. It happened in the past. I didn't go through with the transaction. But she never said the code wasn't working on the site last Monday. If it wasn't, they could have told me "hey, that code expired a long time ago and was not working on our site so we can't believe that". She even took a moment to speak with a manager during our phone call, so there was plenty of opportunity to refute what I was saying.

Seriously man if you want to continue this PM me otherwise, like I've said many times, it's pointless to continue this. The code was working earlier this week, now it isn't, end of story.

8. stevent

stevent Senior member

If you were actually going to drop it, then you woulda stopped about 55 posts ago.

And the Context sale is literally the same as their last "flash sale" which is pretty much put all sale items on one page, boost price up from last "real" flash sale from the summer and then send out emails.

9. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

10. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

blairh=2nd member I've blocked, hallelujah

11. lemmywinks

lemmywinks Senior member

30% shoes at Amazon with the code... Might get some AEs and maybe another pair of Desert Boots.

12. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

^ whats the code?

13. blairh

blairh Senior member

Okay, this made me laugh. (The caps did.)

It is bad luck on my part. You are right. And like I've acknowledged repeatedly here, they don't owe me a damn thing. I just think it would have been a classy/good customer service gesture. It's my decision to not purchase from there and yes I understand why that is a flawed decision to make but that's how I see it. I have experienced similar situations in the past (honest mistakes) and they pick up that I'm being genuine and honest and make an exception. Again, I'm not entitled to that, but it would have been a nice move by a high-end retailer.

Others posters have been awful towards me about it but it's a poor reflection on them individually. Just a lot of immature attitudes here. But thankfully your block feature is a Godsend that I've used numerous times tonight and will in the future if necessary.

14. blairh

blairh Senior member

20th member I'll block tonight. Hallelujah.

15. blairh

blairh Senior member

You are completely right. People will keep bringing it up. It's just that Andrew kept taking the time to reply with thoughtful responses.

Okay, I'm done. Seriously. For good. I'm sorry everyone for bringing it up in the first place.