Official Sales Alert thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jun 22, 2007.

1. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

2. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

Balmain, Lanvin and YSLs are excluded. :uhoh:

3. Ippo

Ippo Senior member

Yeah it sucks, but South Willard has fixed shipping rates regardless of the location they're sending to or the weight of the package ($12 domestic and $50 international). Still ordered two shirts though.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  4. blairh

blairh Senior member

Just got off the phone with customer service at MR PORTER. I asked why the November20 code is not working on the US site but is on the international one and she had no answer for me. I told her the code worked for me earlier this week on the US site but hasn't for a few days now. She essentially told me I should have made the purchase when the code was working. (Great service.) I told her I was frustrated that not only was the code working earlier this week on the US site but it's also still working on the international site. She really had no reply for that and just told me to look out for a possible sale on the US site.

Perhaps I'm asking for too much, but my hope was that she would have given me the 20% discount had I made the purchase on the phone. I never asked if this was possible but given her tone during our convo I'm pretty sure it wasn't. Still, great service would have provided me to make this move IMO. (I know others might disagree but that's how I see it.)

Unless someone here can provide us with a similar code in the upcoming days I'll probably make my large purchase on another website and never buy from MR PORTER again.

5. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

The code was working on US website about 3 weeks ago. I received an email with the code with specific exp date (one Sunday's 11:59 p.m).

The problem with porter is they run 2 different website, US site is for Americas and UK is for europe, asia and international. What I know is they run like 2 different divisions. They even has different database. e.x. you need to register on UK website if you already have an account on US site if you want to make a purchase.

They do have different promotion and slightly different pricing policy. They cannot match price and/or transfer inventory. US starts the earlier than rest of the world. That's why the Code first was on US site then was on UK site. Even the official date of sale is earlier on US website. I see no wrong with their policy. You missed the US promotion date. They just have different promotion of US and UK.

The official porter sale should starts in a few days. :D

6. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

Btw, UK website NEVER had founding member sale, and US site had twice. If someone live in the UK and call mrporter match the US founding member sale, they will get the same answer.

The customer service representative cannot match the price for you, even you talk to the manager you will have the same answer. They have no price matching policy.

7. oldSFer

oldSFer Senior member

What a fucking piece of human trash.

Fucking WOW.

8. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

this is outrageous, how dare mrporter and sw rob you of what should be your inalienable consumerist rights to get steals on everything

9. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

The US Mr Porter 20% off:

[COLOR=FF00AA]This discount applies to customers registered to, and shopping from the AM web site only
    and is valid until 23:59 EST Sunday October 30, 2011. The offer can not be used in conjunction with any other offer. [/COLOR]

10. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

mr. porter service could not be better. chances are it is the poster who is an unreasonable asshole

11. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

Their service, packing, processing time, delivery, return/exchange are truly the best.

That's why I love them so much, :inlove::inlove::inlove:

12. blairh

blairh Senior member

My friend just called their customer service asking the same question I did and they told him the code did not work because it does work currently on the UK site. Not sure if that is true or just an excuse to get him to go away.

I'm over it. I'll make the purchase on another site. I don't think it's smart to offer the code on the US site, then pull it and offer it on the UK site. End of story.

13. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

hey man, you should read what I said.

14. blairh

blairh Senior member

I'm about to block you. Before I do I just wanted to let you know that nothing that I wrote here is untrue. Whether you think I'm expecting too much is entirely up to you. And go fuck yourself. Goodbye.

15. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

i wish being a moron was a banable offense. how dare a store follow their own rules. the nerve of them. you think i care if you block me you pos noob?