• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Somebody asked about what would be 40% off at Brigade. I went in on Wed and the way they explained was that everything they bought early in the season would be 40% off and everything else would be 25%. So, for instance, their w+h buy this year came in two shipments. The first shipment will be 40% and the other is 25%. Weird I know.

I'm pretty sure, but still speculating, that all of the Krane and Billy Reid will be in the 25% category. The Folk, however, is definitely in the 40% category. They also have a Shades of Grey three piece tweed suit that you could buy for like $300.

curzon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do they mark down the value of the packages they send out or do you risk having to pay customs fees?

I didn't pay customs, but I don't recall what was the shoe's documented value on the customs form. Though Norway isn't in the EU, it's part of the European Economic Area, so do you have to pay the VAT? If so, then I think that covers the customs tariff.

Last edited:

culture

Reaction score

Somebody asked about what would be 40% off at Brigade. I went in on Wed and the way they explained was that everything they bought early in the season would be 40% off and everything else would be 25%. So, for instance, their w+h buy this year came in two shipments. The first shipment will be 40% and the other is 25%. Weird I know.
I'm pretty sure, but still speculating, that all of the Krane and Billy Reid will be in the 25% category. The Folk, however, is definitely in the 40% category. They also have a Shades of Grey three piece tweed suit that you could buy for like $300.

I just made a buy for 6 w+h items, all came in at 40% off.

Also, Ive ordered from them before and didnt get hit with any duty coming over the border (into canada)

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
fyi that i ordered a pair of corded cloths from brigade ($156, awesome..) which i'm pretty sure were part of shipment #2 and the 40% worked... (edit; +1 to culture)

now going to scour for the best deal on cps (think it may even be WW for the pair im looking at - edit; incorrect)

surprised context hasn't sent out an email yet.. though, the only thing I even wanted from there were the corded cloths and I dont think they'll beat brigades forty%

Last edited:

chiggah

Reaction score
wheres the best deal for common projects achilles and gitman shirts ?

Biggen

Reaction score

I didn't pay customs, but I don't recall what was the shoe's documented value on the customs form. Though Norway isn't in the EU, it's part of the European Economic Area, so do you have to pay the VAT? If so, then I think that covers the customs tariff.

I don't have to pay the uk VAT since Norway isn't part of the EU but if they mark the true value of the package I must pay norwegian VAT which is 25% plus a handling fee.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can currently stack the TBS code (#twitterUSD) on top of the 25% off discount on select items

got a pair of cp achilles mids for under $250 shipped

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
30% off fw/11 in margiela eboutique non permanent collection

USMMMCONFIDENTIAL

not a lot of CPs marked down on TBS but the pair i was interested in just happened to be. small sale but if you happened to be watching something that made the cut there are some great deals to be had with the twitter+vat+blackfriday sale

Last edited:

mellowfellow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you didn't win the TBS contest that they had last week, you can use that 20% off code on top of the 25% black friday discount. Combine that with the VAT, it's about 50% off total.

Gavin

Reaction score

Reminder that all KRANE outerwear will be 20% off from 10am EST tomorrow to 10pm EST on Saturday. Use code DANIELSAN at checkout.

Also, everything* at Sydney's is buy one get one half-price this weekend. *Everything excluding Dries Van Noten, Label Under Construction, m.a+, denim, and footwear.

Last time I'll top this to remind about these sales.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads