Official Sales Alert thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jun 22, 2007.

1. JChance

JChance Senior member

I saw a few pairs of Red Wing on Nordstrom Shoes website for 35-40% off, thought some of you might be interested

2. ysb

ysb Senior member

I had a chance to stop by Fred Segal in Santa Monica yesterday to see if there was anything left on sale. It seems like the supply is dwindling, and I didn't look too closely but I saw some of the Robert Geller x Common Projects trenches in a few sizes (38, 50) and some Wings and Horns pieces (Devil's twill jacket in black XL and the charcoal linen blazer in XL). There was also a pair of the green WH herringbone cargo pants in 34, and the same cargo shorts in khaki in 34. All at 2/3 off. Picked up the green cargo shorts for 80. lots of JW Brine pants in all sizes.

3. JChance

JChance Senior member

Well considering they are doing 75% off if you buy 5 items, 66% off if you buy 3 items, i might pull the trigger on some of the items (still gonna come out to a few bills). I'm still hesitate to wait until this weekend when they start the 90% off 5 items or more (they did it in the Spring and last year also).

4. CityHunter

CityHunter Senior member

Went on my lunch break. FYI, what you described was FS Trend...FS Man is still at 66%. Selection at both is meh, but if you can find 5 things that you actually like at Trend then more power to you.

5. JChance

JChance Senior member

I also went on my lunch break. There were some Gitman Vintage size S, L and XL (only oxford one I saw were 2 green chambray XL) going for $36.25-38.75 before tax, the S fits me but i didnt dig them THAT much. Worth any reselling value?

On another rack, there were plenty of Hartford, Woolrich, Engineering Garment, V:Broom, Jean Shop, Michael Sebastian stuff. They have some nice Leather Jackets left, going for 60% off (without the 5 items requirement, i think, but they are still in the 900-1G range before the sale)

Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
  6. CityHunter

CityHunter Senior member

Re: Fred Segal -
    If you plan on getting your Americana workwear from FS Trend, forget it. As I witnessed this evening, a Japanese dude and his minivan picked up every piece of Engineered Garments and Post O'Alls they had in stock. I'm pretty sure they got away with most of the CdG as well, if you were interested in that.

7. meso

meso Senior member

Curses, foiled again!

8. JChance

JChance Senior member

No wonder when I came back after work, i saw the whole TWO racks in the back worth of clothes were gone within 3 hours, I was like "did they start packing them clothes in boxes to ship out (i saw plenty of shipping boxes on the floor)"... picked up a pair of Patrik Evrell though, so i'm happy

Also, when I left, there was another pair of PE in FS Man in 32W, exactly like this picture, http://www.selectism.com/news/2011/05/29/patrik-ervell-teal-cotton-twill-jeans/ going for 2/3 off, thus $100 + tax if anyone interested, it didnt fit me.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  9. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Just out of curiousity, were there any Jeanshop motos?

10. CityHunter

CityHunter Senior member

The only JS jackets I saw were brown denim jackets. I could have missed them though.

11. mr bunbury

mr bunbury Senior member

Anyone want to proxy me some Gitman Vintage XL, J. W. Brine in 52, or -- especially -- the W+H devil twill jacket in XL? I will pay a handsome proxy commission, plus shipping to the States! PM me.

12. Master Milano

Master Milano Senior member

Raf white veclro hightops on gilt for 350, someone buy

edit : also y-3 for kids is kinda awesome

Last edited: Oct 8, 2011
  13. Desi

Desi Senior member

y-3 for kids sounds amazing actually.

14. hughesbryant

hughesbryant Senior member

My friends daughter actually models for their photoshoots. They have some weird stuff.