Official Sales Alert thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Nopike343

Nopike343 Senior member

Thanks for the link, Ive been looking for a pea coat and at this price it's hard to pass up. I ordered a 44, I'm 6'1" 195, I usually wear a 44. Do these run large?

2. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Oh, one of Rag and Bone's few made in the USA items even... might order and exchange.

3. Goombi

Goombi Senior member

Thanks for the heads up. Will be checking in on those two sites more often now. :satisfied:

4. LukeM

LukeM Senior member

Yes it is

5. stevent

stevent Senior member

This is a CRAZY deal, especially since this is the coat I've been wanting. I'm pretty sure I'm a 40 or 38 and there are only 44s available but going in store to exchange. Do you know if they mail exchanges? It about an hour drive for me and I don't have a car at the moment.
    EDIT: No stores anywhere near me (damn Indiana), might need to call my SA in SF tomorrow and have her get me one.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2011

6. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

You gonna bypass ordering online and just call and get the online price?

7. stevent

stevent Senior member

Already ordered in case the store prices are correct. If I can get it shipped to me from the SF store, I'll cancel/return my online order and if I can't, I'll hope for a mail exchange (I think you get 60 days so they should get some more stock in).

8. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

good find LukeM. Would kop if it came in Navy or Charcoal

9. threeleggeddog

threeleggeddog Senior member

Don't do this... I just called to confirm. This is an online item only. Additionally, it's a discontinued item. You're just adding headache.

It's a good deal, but a rag and bone jacket is probably not worth much more than $300 anyways, so not an amazing enough deal to add all these extra steps.

10. stevent

stevent Senior member

Who did you call? And this coat came out two weeks ago or so, how does it get discontinued so fast?

11. stevent

stevent Senior member

And NM's service is top notch. If it doesn't work out, I'm down $10 for the return shipping. That's less than the tax/shipping on this item. Not a headache to me.

I think NM is just going to change the product code and reload back to the $625 price probably.

12. threeleggeddog

threeleggeddog Senior member

I called Neiman's and asked if they could do a store search. They said "We're sorry but that item is online only. All returns must be via mail." Then I asked: will others be coming in? They said: "No, it looks like there are no backorders of the item. And it's marked as discontinued." What that probably means is they found the error and are in the process of relisting the item with a new item number and a new price. Neimans will not accept exchanges for two separate item numbers, even if it is the same item (I tried this as well, with another error). In fact, errors on this site are amazingly common - probably about 2-3% of all their listings are erroneous.

That said, I admit that I speak from a different opinion on their online customer service. I posted a thread about this a few weeks ago. I think they are way behind the other retailers in terms of online customer service and quality of reps (I think that's why you find so many errors like this on their site- because someone they hire who is too lazy to double check the prices they manually enter).

13. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Senior member

25% off of all levi's. Includes FilsonxLevi, and American made jeans.

14. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

^think it's orders over $100 only. Not a high bar, but...

15. pg600rr

pg600rr Senior member

The CS rep who told you it "must be returned via mail" is incorrect, even if it is an "online only item," which I can't imagine would be the case considering its from the R&B current line-up and listed as a 'new item' @ $625 on the R&B webstore. It can def. be returned/exchanged in-store. I wouldn't go by what on-line division customer service tells people from these chain webstores. From my experience they are generally incorrect and haven't a clue of the stores actual policies/procedures.