Official Sales Alert thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jun 22, 2007.

1. BlackToothedGrin

BlackToothedGrin Senior member

I love barneys sales. They cut deep and still allow returns, which for me is crucial because I can never try things on before buying. Bought a thom browne oxford a few weeks ago at 40%, realized it was cut really long (size 4), so I simply returned instead of having to deal with B&S or settling for an expensive item you're not happy with. When your miss rate is pretty high, which it is for me because I like to experiment with new brands and styles, returns are invaluable. Others stores will discount 20% and will make it final sale, or even worse only offer store credit on full price items (a business practice I will absolutely not support). Barneys [​IMG]

2. botfc

botfc Senior member

Anyone knows if Moncler ever have sales in their owned shops (looking for a specific piece that is exclusive to their shops)?

3. Iyoume

Iyoume Senior member

oki-ni has officially marked down a lot of stuff (40% off max), but VAT is no longer being deducted plus the 30% off code just expired so prices are actually shittier than a couple days ago!!

actually a LOT shittier in many cases; note that it's 40% off max, a few stuff I had in my cart is now marked 20% off but was approximately 45% off (after code + vat deduction) just yesterday

Anyone get hit with customs from here? Want to get something but once I pay 25 bucks for shipping, don't really want to deal with customs.

4. meso

meso Senior member

Also, some drops at SSENSE. Picked up some CP's and then I realized...
    Did I just screw myself because of the whole Canada Post strike thingy?

They are shipping UPS, at least they did for an order I made around 6/17.

5. omar white

omar white Senior member

not too happy with my recent final sale purchase from SSENSE...pics didnt point out a detail in the pants i got and they look retarded on me....

6. Iyoume

Iyoume Senior member

not too happy with my recent final sale purchase from SSENSE...pics didnt point out a detail in the pants i got and they look retarded on me....

Lol. They once sent me a slightly different model of pants than I ordered, then refused to do anything about the mistake (take it back, partial refund, etc). I will never deal with ssense again.

7. svd

svd Senior member

Didn't see this posted yet. Might have missed it. http://www.contextclothing.com/sale.php From here: http://www.thechoosybeggar.com/2011/...ay-flash-sale/ "Friday only, 6/24, revered etailer Context.com, is hosting a “flash sale,” featuring 50% off tons of S/S stock from A.P.C., Apolis Activism, Band of Outsiders, Canada Goose, Dunderdon, Engineered Garments, Gitman Bros. Vintage, Kicking Mule Workshop, Nom de Guerre, Nudie, Post O’Alls, Wings + Horns, and Woolrich Woolen Mills, …"

8. ImaPro

ImaPro Senior member

9. jet

jet Persian Bro

lol @ people ordering from caliroots

10. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Further markdowns at Biz-arney's

Seems like the Butter-oh's I want just don't get marked down. [​IMG]

11. flyguy7

flyguy7 Senior member

Seems like the Butter-oh's I want just don't get marked down. [​IMG]

I know what you mean. Some tiny dude should pick up the BoO black bomber for $8. Don't know a thing about the quality but it's a nice piece. Got my eye on some jil

12. prurient

prurient Senior member

Ran uptown to check if there was something good left at Barneys. Got these Yuketen for $169. Feel like it was a decent bargain. They have 3 other styles, all 60% off, including the same canoe wing tip in brown, the really nice two tone camp moc and two more styles I can't name from the top of my head. Also, I stopped at Saks and they have Haversack at 55% off.

13. anymajordude

anymajordude Active Member

Also, some drops at SSENSE. Picked up some CP's and then I realized...
    Did I just screw myself because of the whole Canada Post strike thingy?

I ordered some CP's from SSense on the 14th, and got them today (pleasant surprise).

14. spacecowboy

spacecowboy Active Member

I love barneys sales. They cut deep and still allow returns, which for me is crucial because I can never try things on before buying. Bought a thom browne oxford a few weeks ago at 40%, realized it was cut really long (size 4), so I simply returned instead of having to deal with B&S or settling for an expensive item you're not happy with. When your miss rate is pretty high, which it is for me because I like to experiment with new brands and styles, returns are invaluable. Others stores will discount 20% and will make it final sale, or even worse only offer store credit on full price items (a business practice I will absolutely not support). Barneys [​IMG]

only if they would actually ship my order. made 3 orders during their 40% sale, all got canceled.

15. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Kiosk 78 have further reductions

EXTRA gives you a further 10% off at Eleven until 30th

Neither of the Creep pieces I ordered from ASOS fit [​IMG]