Official Sales Alert thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jun 22, 2007.

1. akaidiot

akaidiot Senior member

There were a lot of selection in Acne, less so for Filipa K, and mostly heavily washed/treated jeans for Nudie. Jeans were $100 each, or 2 for $175. The selection on clothing was a lot better than the denim (for Nudie, at any rate). Prices were 500 on leathers, 3-200 on outerwear (depending on the weight), shirts were 30 (or two for 50). Acne was a little more expensive on the clothing. Cheapest was shirts for $40 (or 2 for 60), everything else was around 1-200. Great selection, though-and it seemed like a pretty fair run of sizes. Shoes were 250, I think?

Thank you (you saved me a trip)!

I don't understand how Acne sells anything -- everything is made in places know for lesser quality than even China. Turkey and Morocco and such.

[​IMG] Whatever, no one is making me buy it. I just wonder why other people pay those prices for it.

2. pg600rr

pg600rr Senior member

Thank you (you saved me a trip)!

I don't understand how Acne sells anything -- everything is made in places know for lesser quality than even China. Turkey and Morocco and such.

[​IMG] Whatever, no one is making me buy it. I just wonder why other people pay those prices for it.

For the most part any Acne pieces I ever came across were good quality, never had any problems. On the other hand Rag and Bone I have had a number of issues with numerous pieces (no denim tho), I think you can get shit quality or great quality from jsut about anywhere in the world so I wouldnt exactly rate something in terms of where it is made.

3. spacemanvt

spacemanvt Senior member

[​IMG] shit! gonna be buying alotta shit that day.

4. blank

blank Senior member

I just got back from the Steven Alan sample sale. Same as always, pretty much. I skipped the shirt because I've stopped buying them. There was some Gilded Age men's that looked decent (shirts, sorry, forgot the prices) but nothing I needed. I almost bought a Relwen parka for $89 but it didn't fit me perfectly and I'm not buying things right now that I'm on the border about. There were some really nice wool sweater coats but really expensive, close to $180 or so. I almost bought a cashmere sweater for $50 but when I tried it on, it was all stretched out; I could have had it tailored, but then you're just doing too much work on it.

But the reason to go: all of the hot, hot girls trying things on.

5. akaidiot

akaidiot Senior member

Steve Alan sample sale actually opened a day earlier than advertised (per their general practice, it seems). It's open tonight until 7. The crowd was manageable, there was a ton of stock, and the prices are what they have been the last two years. And maybe I'm the only one that places importance on this, but of the shirts I checked out, at least half were made in the USA (which is better than the Steven Alan stuff stocked at Barneys and other places, which is 90% made in china).

6. akaidiot

akaidiot Senior member

7. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

[​IMG]

8. djh

djh Senior member

Damn, that font is annoying...

9. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Found this voicemail from the Clothes Whisperer today:

10. jskidder

jskidder Senior member

^fuck. i just bought some shit from there under the impression that sale would not until mid december...

11. whodini

What can I say? I just heard this from my boy ry, I mean, the Clothes Whisperer.

12. djh

djh Senior member

^What's the clothes whisperer? Website?

13. whodini

^What's the clothes whisperer? Website?
    It's not a website, it's a member title.

14. djh

djh Senior member

^Yeah I still don't know what/who that is... google shows nothing so idk.

15. avalemik

avalemik Senior member

Steve Alan sample sale actually opened a day earlier than advertised (per their general practice, it seems). It's open tonight until 7. The crowd was manageable, there was a ton of stock, and the prices are what they have been the last two years. And maybe I'm the only one that places importance on this, but of the shirts I checked out, at least half were made in the USA (which is better than the Steven Alan stuff stocked at Barneys and other places, which is 90% made in china).

what is the pricing
    the have an amazing down jacket in in taupe that i am interested in purchasing but it is 595