Official Sales Alert thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jun 22, 2007.

1. flyguy7

flyguy7 Senior member

. It seems even with the smaller sizes you need to be well over 6ft for them not to be long on you. ex- a size small naval is almost 27in long

Thanks for answering my original question--I'm definitely out of the running for any other sns sweaters

2. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

anyone get in on the rugby sale? the oxfords look nice. little time to decide [​IMG]

3. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

Well you're obviously the ideal body type. I've got a bit of extra weight on me and a 40" chest, so i usually take a medium but unfortunately I'm also your height tonio. That means the medium stark hangs to my thigh. I size down to a small and there's pulling around the shoulders. sucks to be me.

Haha not sure about ideal as I has gained some fat, but as far as sizing maybe. I know you're swoll so I can envision sizing being a pain in the ass for you.

4. Fluery

Fluery Senior member

Well you're obviously the ideal body type. I've got a bit of extra weight on me and a 40" chest, so i usually take a medium but unfortunately I'm also your height tonio. That means the medium stark hangs to my thigh. I size down to a small and there's pulling around the shoulders. sucks to be me.

Yeah I feel you...I'm 5 inches taller than you and do the same size, and it hits around the crotch. Any longer would be weird.

5. Hot Dog Day #49

Hot Dog Day #49 Senior member

anyone get in on the rugby sale? the oxfords look nice. little time to decide [​IMG]

I did, I bought 5 oxfords and 1 gingham. I'm a 36/XS in most brands but I checked their size chart and it said that a small was a 34-36 and XS was 30-32 chest. I called their sales dept and they said that it was accurate and the small would be really slim on me if I was a 36. I'll let you know how they fit when I get them.

6. BlackToothedGrin

BlackToothedGrin Senior member

Doubtful that a small will be snug. I can wear a medium and I'm a 42, although it is almost too small.

7. Hot Dog Day #49

Not really looking for a tight fit, just slim.

8. BlackToothedGrin

BlackToothedGrin Senior member

9. Hot Dog Day #49

Yeah, I hope so. Always can return, but they don't make their oxfords in XS so I'd probably just get it tailored if it's a tent. I called and they didn't have measurements for any of their shirts, but this is the fit I'm going for basically: http://streetetiquette.com/wp-conten...07/MG_3515.jpg

10. grizzlybear

grizzlybear Senior member

LMAO why you say that

cause youre already trying to flip the wallet and such..

11. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

wtf i ordered a small and i usually take small i.e. jcrew. lands end hope this will not be f'ed up [​IMG]

12. dtmt

dtmt Senior member

there are online MTM shirts for the same price range, if it's just a plain oxford I really don't see the reason for buying OTR

13. Hot Dog Day #49

Online made to measure is not always the best thing and I've never seen a made to measure oxford shirt that didn't look too businessy for 44 dollars, because that's what I paid for these.

14. Meis

Meis Senior member

^^ I kinda have to agree. MTM companies never seem to do non-dressy oxfords well, only pinpoint oxfords and dress shirts.

Also, for all the "MTM is the way to go" talk I almost never see great looking MTM product. Most MTM shirts I see posted still look meh... I think it's b/c even if the MTM Co. doesn't screw something up (it seems MTM places often ignore the peoples requests and make baggier sleeves or arm holes) it may not look right as the proportions may be off. I'd rather get on OTR shirt made from a good pattern.

15. zissou

zissou Senior member

MTM via the web/email is so hard to get right.