Official Sales Alert thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jun 22, 2007.

1. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Yes there are only 3 choices oil black / oil brown and nubuck which I'm hoping is the above minus the distress. Bdeuce can you comment on how sturdy is the nubuck? Can they take a beating? Wanna abuse them a bit to get that worn in look.

the nubuck can take a beating. actually, you might find it hard to really beat up the material. it's pretty resilent. really no need to polish or anything like that. it's way more durable, imo, than suede.

2. shibbel

shibbel Senior member

I think I'm going to have to give Dayton a call, they never mentioned adding a toppy and my boots were each $300 shipped. The w+h boots have a toppy, don't they? I didn't think they were just leather bottoms.

3. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

I think I'm going to have to give Dayton a call, they never mentioned adding a toppy and my boots were each $300 shipped. The w+h boots have a toppy, don't they? I didn't think they were just leather bottoms.

this. can easily apply one though if you want. i've worn mine a lot and won't need to even think about a resole for a while. probably the most durable sole i have on any shoe. the heels are another story though, but that's common

4. click here

click here Senior member

So where can I purchase the nubrick oil black boots? Is it physical store only? I've checked the online store (http://www.daytonboots.com) and I can't find the item? Is it sold out? And when is the sale ending?

5. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

i just called and changed my order to nubuck instead of the oiled black.

i also made sure i had teh topy layer and leather laces. a few people said that leather laces were not included unless specifically asked for so peeps may want to get on that

cheers

edit: also just checked my bank statement and i got charged 315 not 304 so either they fixed it or she misquoted me. still 315 for nubuck daytons with topy and leather laces are way better than the 700/800 price point for the w+h boots

6. Brinbro

Brinbro Senior member

Years later, people are finally jumping on this bandwagon after trying to defend W+H for their ridiculous pricing? I guess it's a good thing, but welcome to the party.

7. click here

click here Senior member

Ok so to order you have to ring them up? But I live in Australia >[​IMG]

8. randomkoreandude

Years later, people are finally jumping on this bandwagon after trying to defend W+H for their ridiculous pricing? I guess it's a good thing, but welcome to the party.

nope in no way defending their prices. thats why i never bought them at the 700+ price. the identical boot with w+h stamp for less than half the price? sure, why not

9. randomkoreandude

yes call them. theres a toll free number for NA but that wont help you. you can try to email them but they arent responding at the moment. i emailed and go no response and just decided to call.

your getting a great deal so just suck it up and call or you can skype haha

10. Johnny5

Johnny5 Senior member

I live in Asia.. any hope of em shipping here before I call??

11. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Does this sale last the whole month of April? It's going to be a daily decision NOT to order...just like I'm trying to avoid the TOJ thread. Already have like 10 packages coming in the mail. This forum is a sickness! [​IMG]

So it's basically the non-distressed daytons for 3 bills?

12. randomkoreandude

So it's basically the non-distressed daytons for 3 bills?
    yup ... edit: oh yeah sorry ... i think the sale lasts for a week but someone can correct me if im wrong

13. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

nope in no way defending their prices. thats why i never bought them at the 700+ price. the identical boot with w+h stamp for less than half the price? sure, why not

yeah. that is a killer deal. i might jump on the browns if i can verify what they actually look like. I bought mine during the discount days with all the forum affilliates. i think i bought mine off eckblk who bought em from mauro. at $500, around what i paid, they are worth it. at $300, it's downright stealing.

14. randomkoreandude

this is what they look like

[​IMG]

snuff says this is the brown ... cant confirm or deny this though

i guess you could just bend them, tie them up, soak in water, and let them dry and hope they dont f'em up ... or just wear the hell out of them.

i remember APK or someone stated that the upturned toe flattens out eventually with wear anyway

15. brianoh

brianoh Senior member

You had that shit on vinyl. Obviously a real trend-setter and a jet setter.