• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Poomba
Like the Robert Geller Bomber that they have a full size run in on final sale, and have had it for almost a year.
When they had their 80% off warehouse sale earlier this year I called and asked in advance whether some of the stuff they've had for 2 seasons or so would be 80% off. Nope. Makes me wonder what their storage situation is that they're willing to keep inventory for years and years.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
When they had their 80% off warehouse sale earlier this year I called and asked in advance whether some of the stuff they've had for 2 seasons or so would be 80% off. Nope. Makes me wonder what their storage situation is that they're willing to keep inventory for years and years.

They have a large space about half a block from the B&M store that houses their internet operation and all of their out of season merchandise. It's pretty big. I have some pictures. The last time I was there, there were long rolling racks of pretty much everything there. None of their sale merchandise is kept at the B&M location after the season. You can really only get it online.

Poomba

Reaction score
The sales list has been updated at Roden Grey. Virtually everything is up on the site now.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
The thing about the blackbird sale is that I literally can't find ANYTHING they've marked down.

Me neither. I didn't see one DBSS or Julius item marked down further from their previous sale price, and 90% of it wasn't even on sale.

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Grabbed a BoO oxford for 165 at Roden Grey today. Denim was pretty cheap at Holt, too. Tons of N+F.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
rather just proxy than pay those prices for dat julius

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Blackbird's Julius and DBSS prices are so ridiculously high that I am surprised that they can sell them at those prices. I proxied a pair of DBSS shorts for less than half the price that Blackbird is selling.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yah, blackbird is marsupialed. Why would I ever pay double the price for julius denim? Are people really that fuggin lazy to contact a proxy?

lolz @ roden gray

510kut

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Poomba
The sales list has been updated at Roden Grey. Virtually everything is up on the site now.

Seems like the site is over their bandwidth now though.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Blackbird had reasonable prices on DBSS stuff last year when they had their sale, but it seems like it's been getting the same mark-up as Julius which is ridiculous. I've actually only bought one Julius item from them, a tee that they had from 3 seasons back at the time.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yah, i'd be fine if they were stuff from a few seasons back at least. I want 09 basics ;/

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads