Official Sales Alert thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jun 22, 2007.

1. nonissue

nonissue Senior member

2. Prada_Ferragamo

Prada_Ferragamo Senior member

Kopped bb ball high. Too great of price to pass up. No more sneakers fro me.

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Kopped bb ball high. Too great of price to pass up. No more sneakers fro me.

I thought about it, but if anything, I want a pair of lowtops, probably the black captoes. The BBhighs are a good price, but not really my style (mids and lows are my thing.) Also, too much other stuff I'd rather get/need more.

4. Prada_Ferragamo

I thought about it, but if anything, I want a pair of lowtops, probably the black captoes. The BBhighs are a good price, but not really my style (mids and lows are my thing.) Also, too much other stuff I'd rather get/need more.

I don't wear sneakers as much anymore. Got rid off my CP desert boots a while ago. Right now I only have a pair of Ann D lows. Was going to wait until the holidays to kop a pair of lanvin highs, but these are too good to pass up. Only thing is that they are white, wish they were black.

5. Prada_Ferragamo

By the way, nice RO jacket on sale. Too bad it's not an xl.

6. LA Guy

Thanks. It was actually one of those pieces, because of the color, cut, and material, that would work with non-Rick Owen's looks. Unfortunately, I both forgot how small that jacket was cut and how much bigger I am now than I was a couple of years ago (from a small 38 to a small 40 - it's significant.)

7. Prada_Ferragamo

Thanks. It was actually one of those pieces, because of the color, cut, and material, that would work with non-Rick Owen's looks. Unfortunately, I both forgot how small that jacket was cut and how much bigger I am now than I was a couple of years ago (from a small 38 to a small 40 - it's significant.)

This is the reason I am extremely cautious when buying RO pieces online. T shirts and double layers have the ability to stretch, but jackets don't. GL with the sale though, someone should kop.

8. nonissue

nonissue Senior member

copped 09 achilles in 45.

150 is ridic.

9. Prada_Ferragamo

Yeah i haven't seen CPs at these prices before, except on gilt. All sold out w/n 5 minutes.

10. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

where was that?

11. Prada_Ferragamo

SD&W. Fok's thread.

12. skywalker

skywalker Senior member

i missed the white achilles mids =/

13. LA Guy

This is the reason I am extremely cautious when buying RO pieces online. T shirts and double layers have the ability to stretch, but jackets don't. GL with the sale though, someone should kop.

It's not that bad. I just grew more, and didn't take that into account...

I've heard lots of people say that RO sizing is inconsistent, but I really don't find that to be the case. What I have found to be the case is that people wear the pieces "wrong". Usually, I hesitate to say that any particular garment is meant to be worn a particular way, because I'm of the separates over "head-to-toe" looks camp, but it is the right paradigm for RO. Some pieces are meant to fit huge. Other pieces are meant to fit very tight - most of the SS09 Strutter collection was like that - nearly skintight tops (there were several pieces with volume) with super loose pants. There are some jackets that are meant to fit tight, others, loose and nearly cocoon like. If you are wearing one of the latter in a medium, but everything else you wear in an XL, chances are that you are wearing the piece incorrectly. Other brands have a more consistent silhouette. RO fucks things around deliberately.

14. superposer

superposer Active Member

Don't think this has been posted here yet:

LL Bean at Tyson's is getting rid of their Signature line in store. It's going to be catalog only per the sales rep. I got 3 pairs of Ranger Mocs for 39.50 each, two tan and one blue. Not sure what the other sales are as I was only after these and had limited time.

15. TheYellowScare

TheYellowScare Member

Copped a pair of achilles mids, couldn't pass it up...