Official Sales Alert thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jun 22, 2007.

1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

www.lastcall.com - CONFIRMATION: You're receiving an EXTRA 60%–75% OFF clearance for 3 days only!

2. LA Guy

3. LA Guy

4. CookieFlow

CookieFlow Active Member

Anybody got a defective product from Mr Porter during the sales?

It is something fixable by myself or my tailor, but it wouldn't be the same and not have the branded detailing.
    I contacted them, and they cannot offer any price adjustment, just offered me to return the item.

I was kind of surprised, I always thought the customer service was supposed to be among the best, and to receive a 10-20% price adjustment doesn't seem like an unreasonable request.

Am I being unreasonable or did I get in contact with the wrong customer service person?

5. LA Guy

I got this once, and they just asked for a return. Once, though, they made mistake after mistake, and ended up sending me, over course of maybe 3 mistakes and a ton of emails, about $250 in credit, which I ended up using for some jeans.

With a defective item, they can send it back to the vendor for a full refund. That makes a lot more fiscal sense for them then to give you a price adjustment on a sale that is already a losing proposition.

6. orfane

orfane Senior member

Man I always get excited for these sales, love all the brands, but everything is always sold out

7. CookieFlow

CookieFlow Active Member

Thanks for the answer! I guess if they can return it, it makes more sense to me now if they can do this instead of giving me 10% off.
    I'll probably keep it since I got it for a good price, but I was really surprised that they wouldn't agree to my request. It's the small things that like these that keep a customer or not. I'll still shop the sales ofc, but for retail stuff I'll pick Matches, SSense or Luis over them now.

8. sivier

sivier Senior member

Personally I have not ordered from Haven before. Do they issue additional codes during the sale or generally is the final sale as it states currently the best?

9. Callusing

Callusing Senior member

In some sales they have offered a final small code (10/20% off), in some they have not. Personally, I've got my fingers crossed we get something just to kick a potential order I'm looking at below the $800 duties threshold...based on the timing of their previous sales announcements, I think it'd be early next week if anything.

10. sivier

sivier Senior member

Cheers for the quick, much appreciated.

11. sholom

sholom Senior member

12. xeraphim

xeraphim Senior member

Nothing to be surprised about at all if you bothered to consider the retailer's position. Yes, small things like these do count, but cut them some slack if you're already getting the item at heavy discount.

13. turk malloy

turk malloy Active Member

Is there any way to find out for sure? 9% is not so different than sales tax, but if it starts to get up to like 25 or 30% or something then that's just too much

14. johnconndc

johnconndc New Member

https://dataweb.usitc.gov/

I believe you have to register to search the database by item. It will tell you the customs duty you'll have to pay.

15. CookieFlow

CookieFlow Active Member

I still stand by my opinion. They surely loose money on returned products, and they say they wouldn't repost the item during next season sale. If they do, do it, it would be their max discount like 70%+20% off and be much less than what I paid for. Also at 60% off, I probably still paid more than what they are buying it for from the supplier.
    I don't think I should just accept receiving a defective product just because I got it for a sale price.

Anyways, I decided to end up returning it and will most certainly switch my main shop.
    I was just curious if I ended up talking with the more "strict" customer support people, or if that's just normal.