Official Sales Alert thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jun 22, 2007.

1. newinny

newinny Senior member

2. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

3. newinny

newinny Senior member

you can get most of the Ervell stuff cheaper at openingceremony.com / i'm just the bringer of the coupon, not its cheerleader

4. eglbc

eglbc Senior member

do steven alan prices get deeper on the last days or is it the same throughout the duration?

i dont think so, ill ask tonight.

opening ceremony LA on sale this weekend.
    Was in the NY store last week and velour, pendelton, hope and some others were marked down 30%

5. ssnyc

ssnyc Senior member

6. snake

snake Senior member

I love the color of those MMMs but doubt I could do them justice.

7. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

Are you deciding between the two or just letting us know? If deciding then definitely the 2nd ones by far. If just telling us, thanks as i'm sure many will enjoy an aloharag sale.

Has the nyc aloharag store gotten better? Was terrible its first year stock wise. They've always had a decent online collection and was confused by how bad the nyc store was

8. ssnyc

ssnyc Senior member

Are you deciding between the two or just letting us know? If deciding then definitely the 2nd ones by far. If just telling us, thanks as i'm sure many will enjoy an aloharag sale.

Has the nyc aloharag store gotten better? Was terrible its first year stock wise. They've always had a decent online collection and was confused by how bad the nyc store was

Just a PSA. I've hit my spending quota for shoes this month already [​IMG]

You're right. Mens clothing stock is meager compared to the website. I like to stop in to check out the shoes since they always have a few Lanvins and MMMs stocked but am disappointed overall with the store.

9. yusuke

yusuke Senior member

^ I think online orders ship from the Honolulu Aloha Rag store.

10. eglbc

eglbc Senior member

the steve alan shirting will remain 68 ls / 58 ss throughout but aparently there will be reductions on the rest.

11. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

^ I think online orders ship from the Honolulu Aloha Rag store.

Yes but some of their stock come from the NY store. Last year when I ordered something from them, it took a while to get to me because they had to ship it from NY to Honolulu and then they ship it to me. Kind of weird as they could have easily sent my info to the NY store and ship it to me directly since the SA told me if I had just called the NY store and ordered it through the pohne directly they would have just done that to begin with.

12. atuhsad

atuhsad Senior member

The Aloha Rag NYC is in an awkward place in terms of what they can / cannot stock in the brick and morter store. Ann D is carried at Atelier (a block away) and Rick owens is a block away as well. MMM is a quick cab ride or a (fast paced) 15minute walk north (they carry just shoes and bags in the NYC store at AR). etc, etc, etc

Many of the brands they carry are at so many other locations in NYC, and with many stores near by, that i doubt the would be allowed to carry many of the brands on their websites in their B&M NYC store as numerous lables have restrictions on whether a retailer can carry their line if there is already another retailer near by (especially in the same zip code). Hence, that is why their Hawaii store carries so much, yet NYC so little, and i do not see that changing soon to be honest.

13. Razele

Razele Senior member

Asobu the same thing happens in aus - some store gets an Australia wide licence and stocks like 2 things season to season so they can say 'we stock raf mainline!!!'

It is annoying.

14. Kvc06

Kvc06 Senior member

Does the NY MMM store ever have sales?

15. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Does the NY MMM store ever have sales?

Yep.