1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Official Sales Alert thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jun 22, 2007.

Tags:
  1. softy

softy Senior member

i often worry, what with your mollient nature, that you'll come down with pyorrhoea--i'd hate to find out it was true !

I just went and flossed.

2. the shah

the shah Senior member

I just went and flossed.
    damn we got OG Softy here, floss how you like boss I like to floss like Rick Ross
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

3. yamete

yamete Senior member

apc site is down?

4. stevent

stevent Senior member

apc site is down?

NO

5. stevent

stevent Senior member

+1 Also how much are dior jeans at barneys (typically) and when's the best time to pick those up? What else to keep an eye out for?

Edit : Barneys apparently at 60% now

After Christmas is when the real sales pick up (at least in the SF store). For the past two years it was crazy discounts for 2008. (Demin at around 70-80% off in some cases). 2009 had decent sales but after Christmas an additional 33% was added for the 26-28th I think. So that would be the time. Not sure if it will be like this again but the economy was getting better when stores order their winter stuff so very likely it will be like this (or 25%). Either way I would wait till the 26th if you can.

6. whodini

whodini Senior member

What's the word on my stark, jet?

7. Prada_Ferragamo

Prada_Ferragamo Senior member

The Corner is currently offering free express shipping

Also tobi is doing sale on their sweaters.

8. jaspar

jaspar Senior member

After Christmas is when the real sales pick up (at least in the SF store). For the past two years it was crazy discounts for 2008. (Demin at around 70-80% off in some cases). 2009 had decent sales but after Christmas an additional 33% was added for the 26-28th I think. So that would be the time. Not sure if it will be like this again but the economy was getting better when stores order their winter stuff so very likely it will be like this (or 25%). Either way I would wait till the 26th if you can.
    I went back and checked this thread at this time last year. Seems like the extra 33% happened 2 or so days before Christmas, which is how I remember things even years prior (I can remember in 2001 looking at a Helmut Lang coat that was twice significantly marked down), and better shopping sense, since they'd want to entice last-minute buyers. Let's hope that's still true this year, and they see the benefit to that over discouraging return-then-rebuyers, but retail's recent, slight upturn definitely changes circumstances slightly...

9. stevent

stevent Senior member

I went back and checked this thread at this time last year. Seems like the extra 33% happened 2 or so days before Christmas, which is how I remember things even years prior (I can remember in 2001 looking at a Helmut Lang coat that was twice significantly marked down), and better shopping sense, since they'd want to entice last-minute buyers.

Let's hope that's still true this year, and they see the benefit to that over discouraging return-then-rebuyers, but retail's recent, slight upturn definitely changes circumstances slightly...

They may have had the 33% off but from my (limited) experience, the prices don't get a second markdown until after Christmas. In terms of business sense, you shouldn't heavily discount until after Christmas since if people need gifts, they will pay what it takes. For example Rogue's Gallery t shirts were $30-$35 before Christmas and after they were $20-$25 with 33% off.

10. jet

jet Senior member

What's the word on my stark, jet?

No word.

I love hearing people talk about sales, brings me back to my copping days when no one knew of the sale structure.

11. Chace

Chace Active Member

Heads up - CP Desert Boots in grey 50% off at Mortar. Just kopped with additional Styleforum discount.

12. Rover!

Rover! Senior member

PRESALE30E - 30% off at my-wardrobe.com, new season excluded

13. pdsf

pdsf Senior member

PRESALE30E - 30% off at my-wardrobe.com, new season excluded

Is their shipping to the US/rest of world still crazy high?

14. Rover!

Rover! Senior member

It's 20 pounds to ship to the US, seems to be about the standard rate for international shipping.

15. pdsf

pdsf Senior member

That's still quite a bit but I think it used to be a lot more...so that's good in a way. Cheers for the info. I think they mark up a lot of their stuff though.

16. zissou

zissou Senior member

Volls.de has some Belstaff, Cabourn, Gilded Age, Stone Island, LVC, etc at 20-30% off.

17. ennui

ennui Senior member

Snagged the last Margiela black hi-tops in 40. Here's hoping brokerage fees + duties won't eat away the deal. It's being shipped Fedex. Thanks for the heads-up Oski.

Welcome to the club [​IMG]

I got the shoes today. Fedex International and it took maybe 3 days to get here. I didn't have to pay any brokerage fees or duties when I picked up the shoes, but reading online, I might get a bill in the mail. [​IMG] We'll see. Anyway, the shoes are great and I'm going to break them in ASAP. Thanks again sir.

18. zissou

zissou Senior member

Looks like Cultizm has all their LVC, Denham, and Edwin at 25% off.

19. softy

softy Senior member

ssense? discounts? coupons? anything?

20. Brosef

Brosef Senior member

ssense? discounts? coupons? anything?

Boxing day coming up...I think they'll have 30% off on selected items, then 40% in the last few days on those same items.