• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
damn

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It'd be around $140 after shipping? That's a good price for them.

spreadcollar

Reaction score
Definitely. I guess I'm about to find out, but I went with my usual boot sizing for these -- is that right? edit: not sure if I sized right, if anyone wants dibs on a pair of vanishing elephant navy leather dbs in size 10 if mine don't fit, let me know.
Originally Posted by kelvinsense
It'd be around $140 after shipping? That's a good price for them.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by spreadcollar
Vanishing Elephant sale on Gilt includes their leather desert boots.

Of course it does, b/c I had a biz meeting during the sale I was waiting for!!!

So if I am am 8D in Alden Indy, 8US in Grenson/Paul Smith, 8.5 in Clarks/Chucks, would I be an 8 or better with a 9 in the Vanishing Elephants?? Anyone know?

dls6128

Reaction score
I was told from multiple sources that they run true-to-size, but slightly narrow. I am a 10 in Chucks/Clarks, 10.5 in most dress shoes, and I took an 11 in VE (I would've taken a 10.5 if possible, but sized up instead of down because my feet are slightly wide).

slappy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dls6128
I was told from multiple sources that they run true-to-size, but slightly narrow. I am a 10 in Chucks/Clarks, 10.5 in most dress shoes, and I took an 11 in VE (I would've taken a 10.5 if possible, but sized up instead of down because my feet are slightly wide).

Oh that's interesting. I wear size 11 in Clarks DB, so I guess size 12 in VE? Only shoes I buy in size 12 are like Vans or penguin sneakers. I also wear size 11 in Alden Indy.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kelvinsense
Prob an 8 tonio

I thought so too, but the 8 in brown were already sold out so I decided to give 9 a shot since no half sizes. I have some wider feet so maybe that will help and it will work with an insole. If not and someone was looking for a 9 in the browns, look for it in the B&S before returning to Gilt.

ennui

Reaction score
Snagged a size 7 in blue at around 9:30 PDT. I was going to post something here but had to leave for work. Shipping is $9.95, not $12 now. I'm a 7.5 in most shoes, and a 7 in Clarks DB, and I find that sizing down for me works better if a shoe only comes in whole sizes.

pdsf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by spreadcollar
Definitely. I guess I'm about to find out, but I went with my usual boot sizing for these -- is that right? edit: not sure if I sized right, if anyone wants dibs on a pair of vanishing elephant navy leather dbs in size 10 if mine don't fit, let me know.
I'd be interested in a pair of size 9 in navy... Oh, and Billy Kirk sample sale: http://www.thechoosybeggar.com/2010/...ale/#more-2885 If anyone can proxy, let me know!
smile.gif

Stagger Lee

Reaction score
Hi everybody. Stel's is going to offer a promotional code for20% off merchandise at www.shopstels.com this weekend starting tonight at 8:00PM. The offer will be extended through Sunday, May 23 at midnight. We are doing this to thank all of you for your support. If any of you would like to take advantage of this oppotunity please follow these directions: Enter *insider20spring* at checkout in the shopping cart coupon-code field to save 20% off your entire order. A.P.C Jeans and Gitman Bros. basic shirts (solid white grey and blue) are not available for this special sale, they will remain full price. ALL ITEMS PURCHASED USING THIS COUPON ARE FINAL SALE. Thanks!

thoogsby

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stagger Lee
Hi everybody.

Stel's is going to offer a promotional code for 20% off merchandise at www.shopstels.com this weekend starting tonight at 8:00PM. The offer will be extended through Sunday, May 23 at midnight. We are doing this to thank you all or your support.

If any of you would like to take advantage of this oppotunity please follow these directions:

Enter *insider20spring* at checkout in the shopping cart coupon-code field to save 20% off your entire order.
A.P.C Jeans and Gitman Bros. basic shirts (solid white grey and blue) are not available for this special sale, they will remain full price.
ALL ITEMS PURCHASED USING THIS COUPON ARE FINAL SALE.

Thanks!

Love me some Stel's. Newbury needs more stores like yours.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads