1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Official Sales Alert thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jun 22, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Oski

Oski Senior member

^^ I think I probably grabbed the last pairs of white/gum in 43 and 44. I'd be willing to sell whichever one doesn't fit me for what I paid if anyone is interested.

interested.. Forgot to buy while I had the chance.. [​IMG]

2. ltb

ltb Senior member

Why the fuck did they have to consider knits NOT outerwear? Goddamnit.
    frowntown, population: me

3. whodini

whodini Senior member

An American Rag Pop-Up Sale

To assist you with any upcoming gift-under-tree needs, American Rag has opened a pop-up shop across the street from itself. It’s filled with books, sneakers, furniture and Rag & Bone goods―and everything’s discounted by at least 50%. Gift recipients don’t need to know about that part.

411:\t
    Now open through Jan 30, Abandoned Treasures, 159 S La Brea Ave, 323-936-0731

4. ranker

ranker Senior member

Has Wings + Horns gone on sale at Barney's yet?

Yeah it had. I kopped practically half the 'S' at the South Coast Plaza store.

5. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Mmmconfidential worked on the gat mids. Two things - took em forfuckingever to ship...and I didn't know that yoox runs mmm's e-boutique

6. the shah

the shah Senior member

Mmmconfidential worked on the gat mids. Two things - took em forfuckingever to ship...and I didn't know that yoox runs mmm's e-boutique

your prediction was wrong--it's been over an hour and they are still there!

7. track309

track309 Senior member

15% off at Sherman Brothers, including Alden. Code "plaza"

8. Rishin

Rishin Active Member

So now that the SSense coupon has ended, I noticed alot of the stuff that was regularly priced before has gone back up. Will they lower the prices for good at some point or just try to sell everything left at full?

9. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Moderator

So now that the SSense coupon has ended, I noticed alot of the stuff that was regularly priced before has gone back up. Will they lower the prices for good at some point or just try to sell everything left at full?

1. All things seasonal have a shelf life, so it it doesn't sell soon, it will go on sale.
    2. That said, some product has a considerably longer shelf life than other.
    3. The retail climate is much better than it has been for several years, so the likelihood of specific pieces making it to markdowns is much lower than in last past few years.

So, as always, waiting for sales is, as always, a game, but the odds are not in your favor this year.

10. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

Speaking of shelf lives, what is with Luisa via Roma being stuck at 30% off for their SS stock? It's nearly a new year and they haven't gone past 30% [​IMG]

11. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

Yeah it had. I kopped practically half the 'S' at the South Coast Plaza store.

which was nil? i was there tuesday and saw almost nothing. no down shirt, no vest.

12. BRMC_doves

BRMC_doves Senior member

Did anyone else get shafted during checkout at ssense? code was said to be invalid, but I was dong this hours prior to the sale expiring. Were W+H items not included?

13. skywalker

skywalker Senior member

Speaking of shelf lives, what is with Luisa via Roma being stuck at 30% off for their SS stock? It's nearly a new year and they haven't gone past 30% [​IMG]

do they have a code now?

14. Cote

Cote Well-Known Member

Well, the shipping is always free and there was a discount code for a further 10% or 15% off sale items. ... Luisa via Roma: CPNDECP001 - 15% off non sale items Matchesfashion: PRI2198 - 30% off Yoox: play@yooxmas - 10% off http://www.fashionsauce.com/discount...nt_display=all www.retailmenot.com

15. Rishin

Rishin Active Member

1. All things seasonal have a shelf life, so it it doesn't sell soon, it will go on sale.
    2. That said, some product has a considerably longer shelf life than other.
    3. The retail climate is much better than it has been for several years, so the likelihood of specific pieces making it to markdowns is much lower than in last past few years.

So, as always, waiting for sales is, as always, a game, but the odds are not in your favor this year.

I figured as much, but what I'm looking at is a pair of $450 dollar sweatpants, can't see too many people knocking down doors for that one haha. I actually tried the code hours prior to the cybermonday sale ending but couldn't get it to work. Oh well, thanks man, I guess I will wait.

16. ranker

ranker Senior member

which was nil? i was there tuesday and saw almost nothing. no down shirt, no vest.

I got the vest, hoody, and sport coat in S. My SA pulled it off the rack two weeks ago along with all the items I wanted and kept in the back until the sale hit.

Make nice with a SA. They'll do wonders for you. Mine let me even pick up the items at the sale prices two days before the sale went live.

17. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Moderator

I figured as much, but what I'm looking at is a pair of $450 dollar sweatpants, can't see too many people knocking down doors for that one haha. I actually tried the code hours prior to the cybermonday sale ending but couldn't get it to work. Oh well, thanks man, I guess I will wait.

Well, did it have the red "tag"? The code was not meant to work for a lot of the new arrivals. You're probably right that not a lot of people are going to pay $450 for a pair of sweatpants, though. However, you're still betting that people have higher price resistance than do you. A few years ago, you'd have had a better chance of being right than you do now. But good luck.

18. Rishin

Rishin Active Member

No it had a red tag and when I applied the code it showed the discount but for some reason after putting in my credit card the total was going back up to regular, weirdest thing.

Thanks [​IMG]

19. Najee D.

Najee D. Senior member

20. deejaysoy

deejaysoy Senior member

thx for the matches and yoox code