Official Sales Alert thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jun 22, 2007.

1. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

What's the discount on this sale like? Thanks.

MAC in SF is on sale. There is a bunch of Dries van Noten (Some good outerwear, including the puffy peacoat and some heavier wool short coats, plus plenty of shirts), Margiela, and Jil Sander on sale. Also a good selection of Woolrich Woolen Mills, including the Maine Guide jacket.

Interestingly, Engineered garments has a V-neck piece that is made out of the same diamond material as the Wings+Horns Diamond henley. Not on sale.

While I was there, they got a sizable shipment of new SS Margiela in as well.

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

What's the discount on this sale like? Thanks.

I think that stuff was mostly 30% off or so, with the range being 20-40%. A nice sale. Not barn burning discounts, but good. The Woolrich Woolen Mills jacket was in the high $300s, the Margiela grey knit from this year was about the same.

3. cicero79

cicero79 Senior member

any H&M deals coming down the pipeline?

4. DLester

DLester Senior member

if it were any cheaper it would be free

5. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

There is a printable coupon online for IIRC 20% off.
    I was last at an H&M a week ago. They have some nice wool coats for about $50. There are also some nice wool gloves with thinsulate that were reduced to $3.
    The kids section is great. I bought my niece a whole outfit (Shirt, Pants, Hat, Gloves, and Sweater) for about $18.

6. JBA

JBA Active Member

Was that you i saw looking through the KMW? I saw wearing non-tannery clothes (that location is mostly streetwear) go straight for the only good rack of clothes and look for KMWs. If so, sup. If not, some SF looking guy came in as i did looking for similar stuff. Made a bline for the good clothes

I was indeed 'targeted' in my approach, checked the rack, did a sweep, confirmed that was where the bargains were to had & left empty handed. I am all set for Uggs.

That said I doubt I'd be the SF guy as I was wearing a blue, columbia ski jacket [​IMG], albeit with my decent pants and passable boots.

if you guys see crazy deals like this and can afford it, you should pick them all up and flip them here. I called and talked to four different people there this morning, and none of them had any idea WTH KMW was.

I didn't considering flipping as want to share the karma, the prior weekend I hadn't bought 3 questionable items on sale so hoped the universe would reward me for demonstrating restraint & taste.

It appears the universe hasn't let go of the war crimes I dabbled in back in '94. Damn universe.

7. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

I was indeed 'targeted' in my approach, checked the rack, did a sweep, confirmed that was where the bargains were to had & left empty handed. I am all set for Uggs.

That said I doubt I'd be the SF guy as I was wearing a blue, columbia ski jacket [​IMG], albeit with my decent pants and passable boots.

Oh, i saw some guy in a peacoat, slim green pants and what looked like oc/rachelcomey style shoes look straight for the kmw shirts. Definitely could've passed for an SF member

8. 8bpc

8bpc Senior member

Any deals on CdG Kyoto? I asked twice in the questions thread, figured I would try here.

9. joel_954

joel_954 Senior member

10. newinny

newinny Senior member

Barney's has common projects achilles for $166 online.

11. joel_954

joel_954 Senior member

Barney's has common projects achilles for $166 online.

Here's the link.

12. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

if it were any cheaper it would be free

Plus, you wouldn't get that warm, fuzzy, criminal feeling of kopping dirt-cheap on a stupidly overpriced item.

13. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

Best sale I have ever seen

14. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Senior member

luls how does that work

15. mr bunbury

mr bunbury Senior member

Oh, i saw some guy in a peacoat, slim green pants and what looked like oc/rachelcomey style shoes look straight for the kmw shirts. Definitely could've passed for an SF member

Hey chronaug, that was me! I must not have recognized you in real life. Right after I posted that about 50 people PM'd me to find out if there was more stock, so I just dashed back in and found that everything had disappeared.

Weird - I never think of actual people I see on the street as potential members of this forum!