• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

orlylow

Reaction score
how does our legacy sneakers fit?

pages won't even load now...

barrettdudley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
damn I've been refreshing two pages like crazy and both things are sold out now. anyone out there actually getting orders through TBS?
the Acne Depps in a 46 got swiped from right under my nose while I was ******* about trying to get the Extra20 code to work. If anybody snagged those and they don't work, let me know.

I did manage to get an order through on the black Margiela high tops though.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The TBS bottom feeding freenzy almost always results in the site going down.

long_knives

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

..and as I write this, Yoox sends another 15% off code. It's an efficent way of doing things. Checking this site 5 times a day, not so much. 

You could always contribute to this thread is meaningful way an post the damn code.

Last edited:

super1flavor

Reaction score
You could always contribute to this thread is meaningful way an post the damn code.
SUMMER15 through July 28th. I'm at pro level (or whatver the heck they call it) on Yoox so I get these things nearly daily at this point.

As for the Barney's sale, I'm at the summer intern level.

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't feel too bad about missing the Barneys Warehouse sale. The merchandise was not great.

Last edited:

super1flavor

Reaction score
I feel like there should be a thread where people can post OP-ED's about the emotional and psychological impact the Barney's warehouse sale had on them.
Ha. Tell me about it, man.. Looking back at my first few comments, I definitely sound like a 17 year old turned down for the prom. I guess I was more critical because of the massive loss of business for them. Offering items at 75% off clearance prices that seemingly only benefits a few it a dumb business. There were like 5 people that bought 10-20 items and yet, all the Aspesi items I checked out are still on the Warehouse site. If they went 75% off today, would I buy two or three? Probably, but having that sale with some cryptic message or by "checking this site 5x a day" just further proves that Barney's really doesn't have the slightest idea how to connect with their customer base. It's the same *********** stores. A bunch of clueless morons. They probably have over 1 million email addresses in their system and it would behoove them to actually use them.

jpp10780

Reaction score

I wouldn't feel too bad about missing the Barneys Warehouse sale. The merchandise was not great.

if you have a job where you need nice socks and ties, then it was pretty damn great.

i also bought a pair of the barneys italian brogues for like $85...**** was mad real.

super1flavor

Reaction score
Definitely don't feel bad at all, but like I said in my last comment, it just proves how little I like to buy from them these days and how disconnected they are from their customer base. You're right though, the merchandise overall isn't very good. Yoox on the other hand, really gets a 9.5 (out of 10) from me on their customer interaction and customer service.

super1flavor

Reaction score
if you have a job where you need nice socks and ties, then it was pretty damn great.

i also bought a pair of the barneys italian brogues for like $85...**** was mad real.
Smartwool socks buddy. $18 a pair at REI and buy 3 and get 10% off. Only socks that someone should buy in my opinion. Merino wool and absorb sweat, smells and really anything else you throw at them and they last forever. All the other socks out there pretty much suck. Smartwool makes business socks as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads