• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

long_knives

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A year or two ago this thread would be filled with wings sample sale chat. Not so much anymore.

I thought the same. But I don't think that's such a bad thing from w+h's perspective. They've positioned themselves we'll as a mid priced staples brand with decent margins (ts, chinos, jeans, hoodies) as opposed to other more expensive fashion brands that emerged at the same time (Like the now defunct nom de guerre and the soon to be defunct BOO) that are prone to trendiness. They're in it for the long haul.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ More ?

Have yet to get tagged with duties on either DHL or FedEx and have been curious why not.....

Thanks
Assuming you are in the US. You got lucky then. I think by law any incoming purchase is subject to customs unless you are buying US made goods and even then I have read of people getting hit with customs charges.

habitant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I thought the same. But I don't think that's such a bad thing from w+h's perspective. They've positioned themselves we'll as a mid priced staples brand with decent margins (ts, chinos, jeans, hoodies) as opposed to other more expensive fashion brands that emerged at the same time (Like the now defunct nom de guerre and the soon to be defunct BOO) that are prone to trendiness. They're in it for the long haul.

Have you gone yet?

Jvog

Reaction score
If someone is planning on hitting up the W+H/RC sale, let me know, I need a proxy and willing to pay$$$.

endless402

Reaction score

Have you gone yet?

went today. the 2nd's are cheap. lots of chinos if you're 32+. You have to be careful about them though since some of the defects are pretty noticeable (usually extra cloth hanging out somewhere). it's a big mess so you have to be willing to go through boxes of stuff to find what you want. Lots of beauty & youth stuff since no one wanted it for the retail price

the regular stuff is slightly cheaper than at boxing day. lots of outerwear at 200-300. fishtails galore haha.
Cowichan knits are about 150-180. Lots to choose from. Again, lots of stuff were in boxes so it's difficult to find stuff.

Overall, good bargains on the 2nds if you spend the time to dig through it and only if you go in the morning since they'll put the sizes in the correct areas.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There's no reason to buy W+H at anything more than half price.

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Homes are destroyed; people have died—let's celebrate with a sale!

I don't think that's a fair sentiment. For one, it's not as if he was photographing people dying, was he? Secondly, nature is beautiful as well as deadly, it would be stupid to pretend either of those 2 features don't exist.

But hey, don't let me stop the **** parade on someone else's harmless hobby.

Edited to include the word "don't."

Last edited:

Regg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't think that's a fair sentiment. For one, it's not as if he was photographing people dying, was he? Secondly, nature is beautiful as well as deadly, it would be stupid to pretend either of those 2 features exist.

But hey, don't let me stop the **** parade on someone else's harmless hobby.

Personally, I think the lame typical sales on lame boots are more offensive

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My point was more that it's not worth anything more than half retail. W+H thinks it's a designer line now or something. YMMV.

Distorbiant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My point was more that it's not worth anything more than half retail. W+H thinks it's a designer line now or something. YMMV.

What lead you to determine that value as W+H product's true value/worth?

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, just curious.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads