1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Official Sales Alert thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jun 22, 2007.

Tags:
  1. ILikeBacon

ILikeBacon Senior member

So I bought an item off Yoox but there were some defects as well as it ending up not fitting. I want to return and re-buy it in a smaller size, except now they have raised the price $100. Do you think if I re-bought it now they would refund me the difference? Don't really want to wait for my return to fully complete since that'll take a while and this is the last item left.

2. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

They have an exchange system in place when entering your return online. Granted if any other size is left, which it sounds like it is.

3. cellardoors

cellardoors Senior member

Just lie say you got the wrong size initially. What are they going to do?

4. sprout2

sprout2 Senior member

Why do you have to lie? It had defects, get them to send you the one you want and refund you. No big deal. Call them and complain. Among the defects could be that the size is wrongly stated.

1 person likes this.
  5. cellardoors

cellardoors Senior member

He says it doesn't fit. Order a new one at same price, put the old one in box and watch what they do - nothing. They'll process as if you returned the newer (more expensive) item.

6. sprout2

sprout2 Senior member

Try rereading his post.

Edit; Ah, so you're saying he hold onto both and then swap the receipts. Gothca. I assumed his old one was already being returned.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  7. sprout2

sprout2 Senior member

However, there have been issues in the past with people getting fingered for defects they didn't cause, so I'd take a picture or two and include a written message acknowledging the defects. Saying nothing is no good.

8. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

When you exchange for a different size on Yoox, they supposedly hold the other size for you until the return arrives

9. ilikethelights

ilikethelights Senior member

Yoox has price adjusted for me when I returned an item and my size showed up later at a higher price. They adjusted to the lower price for me when I emailed about it.

10. Streettrash

Streettrash Senior member

11. ambyance

ambyance Senior member

12. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

13. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Switching the item in the box for yoox does not work. The tag on each item is unique and scanned when they get the return. I found this out the hard way

14. broken_oracle

broken_oracle Senior member

I know this is likely impossible, but ANYONE offering Alden 405's on discount?

15. Mon Dieu

Mon Dieu Senior member

J.Crew has & will, 20/25%

16. broken_oracle

broken_oracle Senior member

Nope! J.Crew says "This item is excluded from all promotional discounts" when you put Alden 405s in your 'shopping bag'

17. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

It depends on the make you're looking for. With rare exceptions, such as a J. Crew code accidentally applying to third party items, standard Alden makes aren't allowed to go on sale. Sometimes non-standard makes go on sale, but that depends on the store.

18. ILikeBacon

ILikeBacon Senior member

Thanks for the advice guys. Yeah the thing that complicates things too is that the jacket is listed twice separately so the exchange system doesn't even offer the option to hold it for me. Since the old one I bought only has M and L listed but the new one has an S. Really weird and frustrating lol.

The flaw is that the shoulder one one side of the jacket doesn't lay flush against my shoulder. The way the pattern was cut or how the back and front panels were stitched together just isn't straight from the collar to the shoulder seam.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
  19. Mon Dieu

Mon Dieu Senior member

How I got mine

GL

20. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

I've been staying out of here during the sales but realize I need a few things and don't feel like going through the last 9 pages, so..... Can anybody tell me any spots that have Aesop and/or Baxter on sale? Pref east coast stores