1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Official Sales Alert thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jun 22, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Regg

Regg Senior member

they're the only place and you want to price match? here we go

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I am pretty sure you are not getting the idea of a price match. A lot of places will do it if you could get the same item elsewhere for less, in order to get your business over a competitor. But there is no incentive to lower the price just because you ask, when they are the only game in town. They have succeeded in doing what every retailer really wants to do, which is to hold an exclusive item that takes them out of the price war. In fact, very much the opposite. If a retailer gives the idea that their prices are negotiable, they not only lower their margins, but incur a lot of additional overhead.

3. childsplay

childsplay Well-Known Member

perhaps i shouldve explained myself more. other places have the shoe im looking for, but not my particular size.

i get the idea of price matching quite well.... not an idiot guys lol, so thanks for the subtle condescension. should be a given that when one price matches an item, they are trying to get the same price from a competitor... only ask because revolve and forward price patch competitor sites that have the same item in stock even if the size im looking for is sold out. in fact, i have done this numerous times from them.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
  4. Regg

Regg Senior member

they are probably the only store on the planet. and they shouldn't do it

1 person likes this.
  5. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

You should ask them if they'll price match the price you have in your head.

8 people like this.
  6. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Revolve is an odd company in any number of ways. I don't know how well they are doing, but if it works for them, as a form of lead generation, and they have it worked into their margin, good for them. They are possibly the only site I know of that has a perpetual 10% coupon code (it used to be 15%). It's possible that this gets in the coupon shoppers or the web comparison shoppers. I'm not sitting in on their strategy meetings, so I wouldn't know. But what you describe is pretty unusual.

7. Tiamig

Tiamig Member

Just had to return a defective item back to Matches and they deducted the shipping (back to them) off my refund ! Don't think you're getting a price match

8. Khronos

Khronos Well-Known Member

Never had that happen. That being said it doesn't sound unreasonable given that they have free international shipping.

9. Tiamig

Tiamig Member

Are you sure ? I payed 10 euros delivery for the order and I live in the EU. Right now they have a coupon on for free shipping on orders over 250 € so it's not a regular thing

10. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

So, I'm thinking of buying some Greats slip-ons, and apparently if two of us buy together, we both get 15% off. Anyone want in?

11. zissou

zissou Senior member

I'll do it, but only if you are willing to tell them that they sent you two right shoes while I tell them they sent me two lefts and then we can both demand half price.

3 people like this.
  12. leeba

leeba Senior member

^
    Same

Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
  13. ebayhtl

ebayhtl Senior member

Mr P has further discounts on some sale items.

14. Mariokartfever

Mariokartfever Senior member

Club Monaco has added some more items and discounts to their sale selection, extra 30% off sale code on the homepage.

Some Lardini Blazers at like 90% off and some other good deals to be had.

15. DaVinci

DaVinci Senior member

16. ComfortablyDumb

ComfortablyDumb Senior member

Thanks for this. I bought a Lardini with this sale yesterday but I just grabbed the grey linen knit one as they dropped the price from yesterday.

17. Regg

Regg Senior member

18. ike_hiking_boots

ike_hiking_boots Senior member

Don't ship outside of USA. Some great deals there.

19. stafa

stafa Senior member

20. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

That Yoox dreambox deduction ended right?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2015