1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Official Sales Alert thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jun 22, 2007.

Tags:
  1. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

Yes, however the first link isn't Woolrich Woolen Mills, it's just plain Woolrich. I mean you could argue it is since Woolrich is a "woolen mill," but they are different brands of Woolrich.

Woolrich, which your first link is, is just plain old Woolrich from what I remember as a kid. It's the cheapest level of Woolrich.

Woolrich Woolen Mills is the mid-range brand of Woolrich. Pricing is higher and more than "mid-range" depending on your take. Mark McNairy currently designs Woolrich Woolen Mills and prior to him it was Daiki Suzuki of Engineered Garments. Designs tend to be the most adventurous of the Woolrich brands.

Woolrich John Rich & Bros, otherwise also known as just plain Woolrich, is the highest end Woolrich. I've also heard it referred to as the "Italian Woolrich". Their site only sold to Europe until about 12 months ago. The parka in your second link is Woolrich John Rich & Bros. I have a few pieces of outerwear from them and I generally like them. Designs aren't too adventurous, more "heritage" inspired I'd say. Tokihito Yoshida of Barbour Beacon/Barbour Tokito fame has done some of the design. I'm pretty sure he did after he left Barbour too, but to what extent I don't know. (In fact I'd be curious to know what he's doing if anyone knows). I absolutely love their physical label with the sheep.

4 people like this.
  2. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

Not sure on the models, but I've seen some on sale out there. Cultizm and Context if I recall correctly. Both great shops. I want to say somewhere else as well,

Great to hear. I'm not a fan of CG since it looks more technical. I was even considering a vest for my Dad to hike in and it literally had a tag on the outside front pocket that said "Canada Goose" and that was it. Looked really cheap. Anyway, I like the "heritage" look of Woolrich John Rich & Bros much more. Personally I'm going to go Cabourn eventually (Everest, though my Puffa is amazing), but were it not for him I would go Woolrich. In fact I actually have a Woolrich equivalent to the Parka. They did a 180th Anniversary Collection in 2010 where they made only 180 of each item (though I wonder how many of each item they make Anniversary Collection or not) and they were all individually numbered. I got this one for a song:

[​IMG]

I think it's the same makeup of the classic Woolrich parka just with the wool lower and the styling details. Piece is really warm. I even grabbed a second one that found for a song as well. I just wish my ranch jacket from that collection was a medium and not a large.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
  3. Severisth

Severisth Senior member

La Garconne up to 50% off, lots of new drops that I saw browsing through

4. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

I'm not sure I'd classify Woolrich Woolen Mills and John Rich as mid and high end, respectively. They're just different.

5. brianoh

brianoh Senior member

WWM is the higher end as it's at a higher price point and employs a celebrity designer. At the very least they're more adventurous.

6. thedavidmurray

thedavidmurray Well-Known Member

Thank you much BLAUGRANA, very helpful.

7. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

I meant more so within the Woolrich family of brands. I would say the difference is quite subtle, but in my experience it's there.

I disagree on the price point. It's hard to compare as they don't seem to have comparable products at present, but the most expensive items have in my experience always been Woolrich John Rich & Bros. For example they currently have a 2300 euro parka on their site and I've never seen anything from WWM approach that price. Of course again you'd have to be comparing comparable products.

At the end of the day the biggest difference between the two are the designs.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
  8. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

My pleasure. If you have any interest in Woolrich John Rich & Bros then you may want to look at Yoox. They usually have quite a few styles and the prices are generally quite good. Also, if you find a piece that was designed by Yoshida it will likely be a nicer looking piece. Oh, and I have noticed Woolrich shoes/boots that are essentially McNairys.

9. masshi

masshi Senior member

is tres bien still the cheapest place for white achilles lows?

10. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

Drake's NYC sample sale pics from today.....2/5/15
    (iPhone pics)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8 people like this.
  11. justridiculous

justridiculous Senior member

Damn. I really wish I was in NYC. Pretty good prices?

12. baltimoron

baltimoron Senior member

Just a note, it helps to spoiler when you quote large posts, especially those with lots of images.

20 people like this.
  13. concealed

concealed Senior member

end had some decent prices when i checked the other day (with vat removed)

1 person likes this.
  14. justridiculous

justridiculous Senior member

Sorry about that! Noted for future replies/posts.

1 person likes this.
  15. zazaza

zazaza Senior member

if anyone is willing to proxy the drakes sale please let me know!

16. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

you should also post this request in the ny sale and drake's sample threads.

1 person likes this.
  17. tedbearz

tedbearz Senior member

If anyone sees a medium in these sizes on sale please let me know as well. Thanks!

18. StanfordVic238

StanfordVic238 Active Member

Just bought a citadel from here.

Only 15% but better than nothing

http://www.campsaver.com/citadel-parka-men-s

19. lawschooldropout

lawschooldropout Senior member

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  20. long_knives

long_knives Senior member

If the US$ price is roughly equivalent t0 the CDN$ price you could save about 18% on the currency exchange by ordering from a canadian etailer.