1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Official Sales Alert thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jun 22, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Regg

Regg Senior member

2. matty long legs

matty long legs Senior member

Not a store but their headquarters. You need to make an appointment, though you can buy while there. I've been and Kyle and Greg were both very gracious with their time.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
  3. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Senior member

At least on Chrome, my log in cookie expires after a half hour or something too. It would be nice to stay logged into my account there for longer periods, especially when logging back in might take a while when the site is super slow.

4. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Will Barney's do a code for more % off sale or just keep dropping? Wondering If I should sign up for their emails, got something I have my eye on which no one is buying at current price.

5. Tsujigiri

Tsujigiri Senior member

I haven't seen them do a code. Based on a couple of items I've seen on the site, they'll let unwanted merchandise sit for a very long time if they have to. Additional 75% off clearance on the warehouse site is the most I've seen. Maybe I haven't been around long enough, though.

1 person likes this.
  6. variegate

variegate Senior member

I wonder if lost sales because of customer frustration have amounted to equal the cost of fixing the site by now?

7. ShoutOutsFoMyBo

ShoutOutsFoMyBo Senior member

so apparently im this bastard. a unionmade package showed up today containing a retail price needles jacket. id never pressed the order button on my cart, but i guess the site glitched. thought about keeping it.

quick fit:

[​IMG]

8. Mariokartfever

Mariokartfever Senior member

[​IMG]

9. ambyance

ambyance Senior member

did you get charged? no confirmation email?

10. Chubbs

Chubbs Senior member

What's so special about their swim trunks? $240 retail seems insane.

11. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

Do you read that thread? Not even close. To fix the site would probably require tens if not hundreds of thousands of dollars (between dev costs and site downtime) compared to a handful of sales they've probably missed because somebody was so frustrated with the site that they didn't purchase an item.

12. ShoutOutsFoMyBo

ShoutOutsFoMyBo Senior member

affirmative for both. im pretty lazy about checking my email. i think what happened is that it messed up on my iphone after i left the page and it timed out. doubt this would happen for anyone else.

13. Regg

Regg Senior member

tens if not hundreds of thousands? you can't even call that exaggeration, we need a new word

It's 2015, it's really not that hard to have a properly working retail site built, regardless of the hyperbole people throw around on here (and they don't have a storefront so there's no cross-checking inventory)

3 people like this.
  14. variegate

variegate Senior member

No. 10k would be high.
    I've worked on sites of similar scope and unless you code the entire CMS and front end from scratch, that's ridiculous. There are MANY templates and customizable stacks that you can get up for 5k or less if you don't care as much about aesthetics.
    Anyway, wrong thread. A link to that particular thread would be helpful.

2 people like this.
  15. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

While I appreciate the frustration that a slow site can bring, I can assure you that our site "works properly". Anyone who really wants to spend hundreds of bucks on a great garment they really want, can wait the extra 12 seconds per screen to do so. The stacks of boxes we pack and ship everyday is a good indication that, even though response time is certainly far from ideal, the store does function quite well actually.

Again, I apologize for the frustration associated with the site speed. I understand if you decide to take a pass and purchase from a faster site. We always put the products, images and information first - well ahead of speed and UX. Website UX improvements are a priority for 2015. But we have a lot of priorities - and we're a small business.

I appreciate the thoughtful business advice dispensed in this thread. As always, of course, some people have absolutely no clue.

And since I'm pretty sure that the site speed won't spontaneously increase if we post a few more times that it's too slow - maybe the thread can return to posting codes and sales alerts. For fast sites of course.

12 people like this.
  16. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Speaking of fast, I just checked my tracking info and it looks like the jacket I ordered last night will get here tomorrow. That's pretty damn fast, especially considering that shipping was free.

1 person likes this.
  17. jet

jet Senior member

Well, I never!

1 person likes this.
  18. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

nope......i did the same thing. same site. same phone. :embar: stuff is going back.

19. althanis

althanis Senior member

I like your site and all, and admire you starting your own business, but I feel your tone was all wrong. First of all, the last word I would use to describe the way your site is working is "properly." No mater how many boxes you ship. Try to reduce your snark a bit. When people give you feedback, thank them and try not to get so defensive.

8 people like this.
  20. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Thank you

1 person likes this.