1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Official Sales Alert thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jun 22, 2007.

Tags:
  1. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

I just had sneaker boy shipped my KVA's and MMM's to my parents house in Sydney and had them ship it to me as a Christmas gift haha

1 person likes this.
  2. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

Got an email from FedEx and they're asking me if the item I got was made from cotton or polyester. Any answer better than the other? I assume poly is the better answer. Also asking if it's a sweater or a sweatshirt. I assume sweatshirt is the better answer as well, yes?

3. SirMeowly

SirMeowly Senior member

Nah I got an error too. Obnoxious.

4. ohmydontcry

ohmydontcry Senior member

Anyone know if Luisaviaroma is going to do another round of discounts?

5. ambyance

ambyance Senior member

"If this is textile material I will also need the name and address of the manufacturer."

quoting fedex

6. spacetaekwon

spacetaekwon Well-Known Member

Don't think they ship to the US. I kept getting errors as well until I changed the shipping country (Korea) and checked out fine.

7. sarteaga

sarteaga Senior member

I would gladly proxy them for you @ebayhtl especially during the Jos A Bank sales where they go as low as $8.50. Just PM me, let me know how many you want, may as well make it a big order. I'm sure I can ship internationally using a flat rate box. Just let me know.

8. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

It's not textile material. Whoever filled out the form on the otherside fucked up. You only need the name and address of the manufacturer if it is textile material that has not been made into finished garments.

http://www.dutycalculator.com/hs-co...10910/t-shirts/6109.10.0012/6109.10.0000/312/

Just answer the questions to the best of your ability, unless it's worth your time to try to figure out the difference of a few %.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2015
  9. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

The "better" answer prob isn't the one that will make your garment look cheaper. It's the one that doesn't fall under domestic industry protections. Don't know which is more likely to have protections in the US -- cotton or poly, but if I had to guess, I would say poly since I've ordered a bunch of cotton stuff and have never been hit.

I know cashmere has strong protections here though. If you import something with a bit of cashmere in it, your duty rate can jump from 5% to 20%. Even if it's a cashmere blend and your garment only has 1% cashmere in it.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  10. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

Does anyone know a site where they'll alert you when certain sizes come in stock? Not necessarily a sale. I looked at Lovesales and I looks to be geared to price drops.

11. Bertdinner2

Bertdinner2 Senior member

For all the people asking about sneakerboy. I remember last shoes I bought off them their site said all taxes/duties included. When I got a bill I contacted them and they handled it.

12. mr.invincible

mr.invincible Senior member

thanks for the reddit link! it's like slickdeals, but for clothes! just what I was looking for!

13. djblisk

djblisk Senior member

Anybody in that redditt expensivemalefashion?

I've made a request but never heard back.

14. tjonesd2

tjonesd2 Senior member

Yeah but I was day 1

15. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

Nordstrom with some great Billykirk stock on sale. Almost all of it is 50% off. If you have a Discover card you can use ShopDiscover for 10% cash back. If not Ebates is 6% for Nordstrom right now. Either way some great stuff at great prices. I have a bunch of Billykirk bags and they're great.

16. kissmyjazz

kissmyjazz Senior member

Well, it is definitely not a dedicated solution, but in case of restocking for example when you have a product page already available, this should work http://www.changedetection.com/

1 person likes this.
  17. kranedesign

kranedesign Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    FINAL DAY to save 50% off in the annual Krane year end sale. Today's pick is the WALMER M65 jacket; deerskin leather shell with detachable shearling and re-purposed military blanket lining. It's an investment piece, but it'll perform all year round.

http://kranedesign.com/shop

1 person likes this.
  18. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

Thank, mang [​IMG]. Will give this a shot.

19. Tsujigiri

Tsujigiri Senior member

No offense intended, but this is the worst fashion web store design I have ever seen. There's no way to filter by size, etc, or to sort the products, or view more items on a single page. You're stuck with flipping through tons of pages of items 6 items at a time. Unless I'm missing something?

20. Tsujigiri

Tsujigiri Senior member

Also, there's no contact info on the site, no sizing info, no return policy if it doesn't fit, and that code doesn't do anything.