• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ipractice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a pair of the white lows and they weren't bad tbh. The leather is much softer which may make you question the quality. And for some reason the shoe looks/feels much chunkier even though the measurements are nearly identical to CPs. They don't taper as much towards the toe box so people with wider feet who can't wear CPs could probably appreciate them. Is it worth it to pay an extra $100-150 for CPs? To each their own i guess. I'd say they're the best substitute I've seen.

Last edited:

newp

Reaction score
Everybody always thinks they'll be some sort of CP/Margiela substitute. Then they feel them in person and send them back.
I own a pair of high black and graphite suede lows of svenssons and white achilles low cps.
Svenssons are MUCH better.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Everybody always thinks they'll be some sort of CP/Margiela substitute. Then they feel them in person and send them back.

what do you mean? what specifically, in your experience is inferior to CP? I mentioned Raf and its just like CP, if not better

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Small selection of stuff on decent sale at svenssonshop if anyone is interested. I picked up a pair of low blacks (similar to CP) for ~$120 shipped.

how did you size? website mentions they run big

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Small selection of stuff on decent sale at svenssonshop if anyone is interested. I picked up a pair of low blacks (similar to CP) for ~$120 shipped.

el Bert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly I'm guessing they run the same as CPs, as for leather it's probably similar to Generic Man I remember when both first came out they were on par with CPs in quality. Aren't the sole made in Portugal for most of those sneakers?

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It might just be the GAT knockoffs, but the last time there was a sale a bunch of people bought them and nobody kept them. Reedo was the saddest.

As an aside, not everything made in the same factories are made to the same standard.

Last edited:

newp

Reaction score
^ so, exact same price, you'll pick the Svenssons?

jw, b/c I've had neither
Yes. They are exact copy of cps look- and quality-wise, just softer on feet and without these gold numbers. So if you don't want to eat the hype and aren't affected by internet, I recommend svenssons.

hobbes874

Reaction score

I just bought my CP size (40). Also just noticed the product page for the highs have a length measurement. They appear to use the exact same sole as CP, W+H etc so I'm thinking I'll be fine. Like you mentioned, pretty sure they're all made in the same place.

It might just be the GAT knockoffs, but the last time there was a sale a bunch of people bought them and nobody kept them. Reedo was the saddest.

As an aside, not everything made in the same factories are made to the same standard.

Just from the pictures alone the GAT duplicates didn't interest me, so if someone wants to gamble on those it's up to them. Think the lows and highs are pretty hard to go wrong on, very similar patterns to CP and what looks to be nicer (waxed?) laces. Think the highs only had one size left though (41).

Ordered last night and got FedEx tracking this morning which is nice.

Last edited:

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure about their shoes, but I have a Svensson 'cloud' knit cardigan and it's fantastic. Nicer than my stark IMO.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads