• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hoodyear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^The indigos are fine.

Hickoree's was good for jackets and TONS of Hill-Side but otherwise pretty underwhelming. No Left Field denim. Although there was a pair of the Tender Co Woad jeans in size 3 for $100.

Didn't even bother with OC.

Last edited:

Nopike343

Reaction score
All of a sudden only a few styles of OSB are available on HW Carter. I think they screwed up and made their entire OSB line available for a little while. They will probably be more careful with the next flash sale.

Last edited:

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This was a hell of a thing, thanks for posting.  Won't find a better deal on OSB than this.  I nabbed a pair of cordovan loafers for $230--and I thought they were priced low to begin with.  Again, thanks.  

Were they actually shell or no? Saw them and they look shellish but description said CXL

Kenneth Cole Haan

Reaction score
Mohawk 30% off

t0fu

Reaction score
MAAS & Stacks - first set of SS13 markdowns for the earlier arrivals of the season, which includes:

Robert Geller
Patrik Ervell
Band of Outsiders
White Mountaineering

30% OFF

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Up to 50% off at Cultizm.

I picked up a pair of Buttero chukka sneakers. If you want sneakers, and the leather is your focus, you can't do better than Buttero, unless maybe if you go to the Ann Demeulemeester range.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ very nice. I've been considering grabbing a pair for a while now. How's the fit size wise? Could you compare to the usual suspects.... CP, MMM, Lanvin, Chucks etc.?

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
I think the consensus is sizing down one (roughly the equivalent of CP).

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Buttero are on the same sole as CP. Note, it's the same sole as used on the Tournament Low and Achilles, not the Summer Perforated which uses a thinner sole.

Also important to note is that they are a very narrow shoe. So while I agree with sizing down on some models, I don't think it is applied across the board if you have a wide foot.

As an example for me;

Alden 8.5D
Nike 9
CP (Tournament Low Suede) 41 (8)
CP (Chukka) 42 (9) - these are a little long, but any smaller and they would be too narrow

I've only ever bought one pair of Achilles and I had to return them. They were a size 41 and tore my heel up.

I put this down to the fact that they are padded considerably and the Tournament Low/Chukka are not padded.

With the referral earlier from LA guy to the Cultizm sale, I just snapped up these in 41.5.

http://www.cultizm.com/product_info.php?info=p3014{36}453_Buttero-B4010-Tanino-Fucile.html

As they're also not padded, I expect they should fit nicely in a half size. Awesome for $170 AUD landed.

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wear the same size as in CPs, and find Butteros extremely comfortable. That said, by feet are so beat up from decades (holy cow, literally now), of running, both short and long distance, backcountry hiking, and kickboxing, that seriously, unless my toes are actually ramming up against the shoe, or squeezing so hard on my wider than usual forefoot that they actually start to go numb, I find shoes reasonably comfortable.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thx fellas! :nodding:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads