1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Official Sales Alert thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jun 22, 2007.

Tags:
  1. mikee

mikee Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any details on the Fred Perry Sample Sale? I wasn't able to go, but I'm a glutton for punishment and want to know what I missed.

It was decent. Didn't pick anything up though. Some highlights:

They had a number of Harrington's, http://www.fredperry.com/limited-edi...on-jacket.html. All sz 38. Also Harrington's made in England out of Millerain cloth.

Saw this as well, http://www.fredperry.com/limited-edi...que-shirt.html.

Otherwise, track jackets and a bunch of other stuff.

2. ppllzz

ppllzz Senior member

Billy Reid has an autumn sale going on. Up to 40% off, and free shipping CONUS on orders over $200. In-store and at billyreid.com -- where sales prices are available.

sale is kinda disappointing

3. AntiHero84

AntiHero84 Senior member

It was decent. Didn't pick anything up though. Some highlights:

They had a number of Harrington's, http://www.fredperry.com/limited-edi...on-jacket.html. All sz 38. Also Harrington's made in England out of Millerain cloth.

Saw this as well, http://www.fredperry.com/limited-edi...que-shirt.html.

Otherwise, track jackets and a bunch of other stuff.

Thanks for the update.

I definitely don't feel too bad about not going. How much was the harrington selling for?

4. zissou

zissou Senior member

5. mellowfellow

mellowfellow Senior member

Maison Martin Margiela, Viktor & Rolf, and Dsquared2 Sample Sale
    What: The Staff USA showroom is hosting a multi-designer sample sale featuring Maison Martin Margiela, Viktor & Rolf, and Dsquared2.
    When: Thursday, November 12, and Friday, November 13, from 10 to 7 p.m.; Saturday, November 14, from 10 to 5 p.m.
    Where: Staff USA Sample Sale, 220 West 19th Street, 11th floor, (between 7th and 8th avenues); 646-613-8457.

6. __CB__

__CB__ Senior member

7. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

Maison Martin Margiela, Viktor & Rolf, and Dsquared2 Sample Sale
    What: The Staff USA showroom is hosting a multi-designer sample sale featuring Maison Martin Margiela, Viktor & Rolf, and Dsquared2.
    When: Thursday, November 12, and Friday, November 13, from 10 to 7 p.m.; Saturday, November 14, from 10 to 5 p.m.
    Where: Staff USA Sample Sale, 220 West 19th Street, 11th floor, (between 7th and 8th avenues); 646-613-8457.

Damn. Wish i could pick up some margiela. I've seen some decent dsquared footwear before as well.

8. junebugmm

junebugmm Senior member

Hey is there anyone who is willing to do a proxy for some MMM shoes?
    Would love to get some German army trainers.

9. pdsf

pdsf Senior member

Hey is there anyone who is willing to do a proxy for some MMM shoes?
    Would love to get some German army trainers.

Yes, and boots [​IMG] Who can proxy?

10. jet

jet Senior member

everything is gone sorry

11. spreadcollar

spreadcollar Senior member

from my experience and comments from others, this sale generally sucks. i have heard that the best merch gets grabbed by employees beforehand. but i'm a glutton for punishment and will probably check it out shortly and will report back if i do.
    Yes, and boots [​IMG] Who can proxy?

12. eglbc

eglbc Senior member

hitting the steve alan sale tonight.
    if anyone goes today, let me know what the deal is please.

13. atuhsad

atuhsad Senior member

from my experience and comments from others, this sale generally sucks. i have heard that the best merch gets grabbed by employees beforehand. but i'm a glutton for punishment and will probably check it out shortly and will report back if i do.

I went to the spring sale and this current sale, and both sales were fantastic. These are easily the best sales I have been to, and livigin in NYC, that says a lot. Got a pair of the "smokey blue gray black" or whatever boots for $400 which is 60% off retail. The sizes in shoes werent as good as they were back in the spring, but they did have a ton of things and A LOT of bags and accessories. Best for people who are a 48 / 43 in shoe, but they do have other sizes as well. If you can make it, go. The prices get better as the sale goes on, going up to 50% off in the past (e.g. my boots, if they were to be there on Saturday, would probaly be 200$). The have a decent selection previous seasons shoes for <200 in a few sizes.

14. beowolf

beowolf Senior member

15. AntiHero84

AntiHero84 Senior member

WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 11-22
    Save Fashion Pop-Up Sample Sale

http://www.thechoosybeggar.com/2009/...mple-sale.html

Is this worth a train ride?

+1, anyone have any experience with this sale? I might have a little extra time in the city tomorrow.

16. jet

jet Senior member

PC basement sale Nov 14-15 10-6

715 S. Los Angeles Street

17. wagthesam

wagthesam Senior member

Does anyone have experience with J+O sales?

Their prices are normally really high compared to msrp.

18. spreadcollar

spreadcollar Senior member

what about knits, suits, basic pants, outerwear, shirts? i should have mentioned that i never really look at the accessories. thanks in advance.

I went to the spring sale and this current sale, and both sales were fantastic. These are easily the best sales I have been to, and livigin in NYC, that says a lot. Got a pair of the "smokey blue gray black" or whatever boots for $400 which is 60% off retail. The sizes in shoes werent as good as they were back in the spring, but they did have a ton of things and A LOT of bags and accessories. Best for people who are a 48 / 43 in shoe, but they do have other sizes as well. If you can make it, go. The prices get better as the sale goes on, going up to 50% off in the past (e.g. my boots, if they were to be there on Saturday, would probaly be 200$). The have a decent selection previous seasons shoes for <200 in a few sizes.

19. whodini

whodini Senior member

So I visited the Steven Alan sample sale...

A ton of s/s and l/s shirts for $58/$68. No outerwear whatsoever. Generic surplus shoes for $25. And...

These for $199:
    [​IMG]
    Florsheim by Duckie Brown cordovan boots and shoes.

They also had non-cordovan oxfords for $99.

I'm willing to proxy assuming I have time and there's interest. My thread's here: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?p=2647013

20. beowolf

beowolf Senior member

those are so nice, so tempting.......