1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Official Sales Alert thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jun 22, 2007.

Tags:
  1. DLester

DLester Senior member

Totokaelo has some good stuff left on massive sale; very much worth checking out. I tried on basically everything in a size 50 and most things in eu 43, so I may be able to help if you need a description of what something is like in person.

2 people like this.
  2. loucifer

loucifer Active Member

Still haven't gotten a shipping confirmation from barneys, but haven't gotten a cancellation email either. Not sure what to think..

3. loucifer

loucifer Active Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

I think you'd be better off with a darker color, as walnut will stick out too much from navy trousers. Esp if you're also wearing a navy jacket and dark tie.

IMO, light colored oxfords can be hard to wear, as they demand a light colored suit. Few men own those, so for more formal shoes, it's better to have darker colors. Light colors for shoes are better suited for more casual styles (such as loafers), and only if you have a light enough color palette in your closet to justify them.

YMMV, of course.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
    2 people like this.
  5. DoctorHolliday

DoctorHolliday Well-Known Member

hmm Ive gotten shipping notifications for each of the two orders I placed that morning. Not sure if that means anything in regards to your order though. Has anyone gotten cancellations yet?

6. loucifer

loucifer Active Member

well, it looks like the guy below might have.

You think they canceled it or they did cancel it? Did you get a cancelation email? I'm gonna call customer service in the morning and figure it out.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
  7. Regg

Regg Senior member

They did cancel. Two orders, about 7 items total. I ordered four times on the day the sale started, before noon. The second cancellation just came yesterday. I ordered some more on Saturday, we'll see what happens, haven't gotten a shipping confirmation yet.

8. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Senior member

Placed 2 orders, received confirmation on both, but neither has shipped yet. I'm expecting a cancellation soon. :angry:

9. stafa

stafa Senior member

I haven't received a confirmation yet but when I called customer service after I placed it, they said it went thru and they gave me an order number.

10. egot05

egot05 New Member

I got the same on Friday, but then got my first cancellation message yesterday (2 items, of the 5 I initially ordered). Still waiting for shipping information/confirmation of the other 3.

Meanwhile, my roommate ordered from the sale after me, received a confirmation message immediately, and has ALREADY RECEIVED his order! So I guess miracles do happen?

11. Mariokartfever

Mariokartfever Senior member

[​IMG]

Since we all ordered on Friday, looks like tomorrow will be the judgement day

12. Evodem

Evodem Active Member

If you ordered Friday, and depending on the time, 5 business days could be as late as this coming Friday.

13. althanis

althanis Senior member

Not to derail, but navy suit with walnut shoes is very popular conversation. You can read more about it here, and I'm sure many other places.
    http://www.styleforum.net/t/146143/ae-shoes-in-walnut-with-navy-suits/30

To me it looks good, it's up to you though.

And by "you" I meant the guy you were replying to, of course.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
  14. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Chiming in on YOBWHCS (year of Barney's Warehouse Clearance Sale), I received a cancellation email pretty quickly for the one thing I ordered that was canceled. Everything else shipped, although for one of them I didn't get the shipping notification until last night.

Pretty stoked that I got a 27" Bric's suitcase for a mere pittance. :satisfied:

15. concealed

concealed Senior member

My Barneys sale recap: I made three orders before 11 on Thursday. One box arrived Friday, two boxes arrived Saturday. Of ~15 items, one pair of pants was not shipped, but I sent an email on Saturday after the box touched down and the woman said they were trying to source it from a store, and if not it would be cancelled. I ain't even mad.

16. WSW

WSW Senior member

My sentiments exactly. The prices were so good, I'm happy if I only get half the items I ordered. It's hard to be angry when Barney's was practically giving the store away.

17. Irish

Irish Senior member

BW down to 4 pages of Clearance, from 50 (?) when it started. Who will get picked last in gym class? My money is on

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. ComfortablyDumb

ComfortablyDumb Senior member

Nothing new, but FIFTEEN for extra 15% off sale prices at END.

Been eyeing a Barbour commander for a while now and getting it for $350 shipped is about as good as it gets!

19. Mariokartfever

Mariokartfever Senior member

spent $600 to get mine on Christmas... I feel dumb.

At least it came with a free scarf.

20. Evodem

Evodem Active Member

Lack of smalls makes me sad aha. Was eyeing the olive one.