1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Official Sales Alert thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jun 22, 2007.

Tags:
  1. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

Slightly OT: anyone successfully gotten measurements from the corner before?

2. sbergl

sbergl Well-Known Member

ssense has some further drops on some items. not a ton left, but i picked up the wildly egregious blue multi-panel raf sneakers for $222 shipped. https://www.ssense.com/men/sale

3. Dingusberry

Dingusberry Senior member

Any codes for East Dane?

4. ebayhtl

ebayhtl Senior member

Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
  5. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Thanks. Appreciate it. And don't be a stranger.

Cheers,

Fok.

6. LA Guy

It's never going to happen. The Corner is run by Yoox. They are not just a small shop. The customer service is not in the same location as the fulfillment centers. They couldn't give you measurements even if they wanted to.

7. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

Please stop spamming every fashion community out there. You guys have been on Reddit spamming, and it's because you're fishing for more click throughs for your affiliate links. You've done this before on StyleForum, and really - @LA Guy should just ban every link to your site, as he's done for other people who do this kind of thing.

I emailed them about this, and their reply was: "We’re just a site trying to reach out to potential readers. We don’t think we’re spamming, if we’re posting something maybe once a month. " :facepalm:

1 person likes this.
  8. LA Guy

I may. I may also ban the term ebay.com. It's a cool site, but they were also using our PM system to try to recruit members, which is really not cool. I had to send them a strongly worded email and bcc it to our IP lawyer.

"Today we take care of all family business."

Or maybe I should just offer to buy ebay.com, and bring them under this umbrella. I wonder what they would want.

7 people like this.
  9. ambyance

ambyance Senior member

he once PM'd me on reddit to use the site haha, but ya definitely talk to the founder. as far as i know, he's working on the site full time and doesn't have a revenue model yet

10. rutabaga

rutabaga Senior member

IMO it's much easier to use than the marketplace here. Could use search but sorting is so helpful.

11. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

site is wildy overrated and all that shit can be had on ebay for cheaper don't do it

1 person likes this.
  12. Leather

Leather Senior member

Grailed has a sale section now for discounted items on retailer sites, I believe they do make money that way.

13. onijo84

onijo84 Senior member

14. tjonesd2

tjonesd2 Senior member

Grailed has turned into ebay flippers trying to save themselves having to pay fees. Nothing will beat the old SF b-s-t forums.... their shitty format kept those types away

1 person likes this.
  15. 4frnt

4frnt Well-Known Member

Navigating the SF marketplace is very discouraging, especially to those who are newer to fashion (maybe you are trying to keep it that way?). Is there any plan to revamp it? Grailed likely wouldn't exist if SF had a better marketplace interface

16. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

Thanks, got 2 Nanamica pieces I wanted. Its funny how their original price is literally x2 the price from the official web store :sarcasm:

17. althanis

althanis Senior member

I got PM'd here asking to use Grailed and provide feedback.

18. ipractice

ipractice Senior member

I PM'd a guy on grailed saying that I saw the same listing on Styleforum (where he had posted it first and still had an active listing, and the item was cheaper) so I asked if we could just do the deal there. He wasn't very active on styleforum so I thought I'd message him through grailed.

I got a message shortly after from the site admin saying that I would be banned from grailed for trying to dodge their fees if I did it again.

19. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

How did they know, did they read the PMs?

20. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

I got that email too a while back, when Grailed first opened. He asked kindly though so it wasn't a problem to me. Grailed has fees now? I will completely stop using it if they do. Much smaller reach than eBay and even worse userbase.

Dbear: in my transaction, the only way he would've known is if they look through PMs.