• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mythage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^some nice stuff on there (thought it was posted already), ******* wm cardigan is fire

who can tell me where arcteryx is made?

skitlets you in oc? I'm sorry

arcteryx has different lines but the good ones are made in Canada to my knowledge

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
thanks, i assume veilance is the good ****?

donjuan17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gant Rugger is having their Final Sale up to %50 off: http://us.gant.com/men/clothing/final-sale
thumbs-up.gif

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Any place that has Gitman on deep discount about $80 or so? Want to try some shirts.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last edited:

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh yea? I thought at least Gitman sources nice material. Nothing can be worse than these Uniqlo extra fine ones, ***** like paper. I'm mostly looking for something that's better than uniqlo / jcrew that can be koped on deep discount... thought maybe gitman would be the key. The fit might be good on me, since I can fill out a shirt that has a lot of fabric in the midsection and I heard this is a common complaint with gitman.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Spring is almost here if you can wait it out. More patterns from Uniqlo should be released.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Right on. Well I'll just purchase one shirt, see how I feel. I handled this shirt at Raleigh Denim and thought it OK. $100 for a made in USA shirt isn't bad. Wish Uniqlo used better fabric on types of shirts like this... the OXBDs are very nice but other stuff is sorta ehhh but who can complain I pay $20 for them wear them..

Last edited:

dotcomzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The jackets are cropped. The jersey version of that piece is slightly cropped (my brown one hits at my belt line, and a navy one actually hits well under the belt line. The cable version of that is definitely not cropped, by any measure. At 5'11" and normal torso proportions, the hem hit at just under my jeans pockets, and I wear my jeans pretty low. I think that it's still around in some places.

Styleforum SW&D is going through a wierd phase right now. People are calling anything that isn't really slouchy, which is nearly exclusively a NYC hipster thing - I don't see in anywhere else, and definitely not in most of Europe, cropped. It's like goth ninja passed through and left this single idea, that all tops should be long enough to cover your balls,

That phase, the climate that's going around where yeah, an AnnD piece or whatever basically ends up covering most/all of the top block on a pair of denim. I guess that's why there's drop crotch pants and so forth. Not my steez though. Not going to miss it when it's passé either. I thought it would be more of a flash in the pan, to be honest, but whatever. It'll croak soon enough (let's hope).

The Barena with the toggle I had in mind wasn't the cable version. That looks pretty standard. Can't get around the cable knit or I probably would have bought it close to retail. This one almost looks like it could be a base layer it was that thin. At least from what the picture showed. Anyway, pretty short. Maybe I'm wrong but it seems to come from the school of thought that guys should show off their, um assets as much as girls/women. Pair said knit with some high rise trousers that show a flattering fit through the seat and you're set. European, Italian? I don't know. Also suggests late thirties to middle aged man chasing skirts. Not where I'm at in my wardrobe just yet. Aside from a few cardigans, a stark from a few years ago being one, there's this sweet spot where my knits end up, ~27" label to hem or in that neighborhood. Usually level with the pockets of a pair of jeans. Color me conventional (or sensible) I just figure if you're going to put down a fist of bills on a knit or jacket that you'd likely want to still wear it down the road.

Any place that has Gitman on deep discount about $80 or so? Want to try some shirts.

Try indigo and cotton. They had a few on the cheap last I checked.

Last edited:

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

That phase, the climate that's going around where yeah, an AnnD piece or whatever basically ends up covering most/all of the top block on a pair of denim. I guess that's why there's drop crotch pants and so forth. Not my steez though. Not going to miss it when it's passé either. I thought it would be more of a flash in the pan, to be honest, but whatever. It'll croak soon enough (let's hope).

The Barena with the toggle I had in mind wasn't the cable version. That looks pretty standard. Can't get around the cable knit or I probably would have bought it close to retail. This one almost looks like it could be a base layer it was that thin. At least from what the picture showed. Anyway, pretty short. Maybe I'm wrong but it seems to come from the school of thought that guys should show off their, um assets as much as girls/women. Pair said knit with some high rise trousers that show a flattering fit through the seat and you're set. European, Italian? I don't know. Also suggests late thirties to middle aged man chasing skirts. Not where I'm at in my wardrobe just yet. Aside from a few cardigans, a stark from a few years ago being one, there's this sweet spot where my knits end up, ~27" label to hem or in that neighborhood. Usually level with the pockets of a pair of jeans. Color me conventional (or sensible) I just figure if you're going to put down a fist of bills on a knit or jacket that you'd likely want to still wear it down the road.
Try indigo and cotton. They had a few on the cheap last I checked.

they are still at 40% with stock

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads