Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jun 22, 2007.
Unexpectedly, my oc online order actually went through. Fuck.
Yeah and they canceled your order today, four business days later, which was more than enough time for them to sell the product in store and realize that they can no longer fulfill your order, therefore canceling it. Not that uncommon tbh.
ya fuck unionmade
lol @ lmao, you guys complain either way
Maybe it's not my place to say, but there are exactly zero sale alerts in the last 3 pages of this thread.
Says a guy in New York.
the best sales are global, not NY
Unionmade did that last year. And they'll do it next year.
^^ Agreed, but irl I'd go w/ ny. Sample sales, the boutiques that don't have a web presence, et cetera.
I, for one, am happy that the sales are starting to slow down.
Sir and Madame - 50% to 75% sale - code: Winter50.
they got a good selection of boots (mark mcnairy & red wing) & bags at 50% off.
What did you get, and how do you like it? I don't think I'd heard of them until you mentioned them, and some of their stuff looks pretty nice.
I got the Servolo jacket, which is a seriously short jacket - really, more like a cropped mandarin style cardigan than anything else. I also like the Torceo jacket, and the rope toggle shawl collar Burchiello. They always have great knit jackets and cardigans in deep, warm, colors. The stuff is all cut short and slim. If you want a more relaxed fit, you can always easily size up one. I sometimes size up one. If not, as for the Servolo, I balance it out with baggy jeans. Otherwise, you can easily end up looking like a Thom Browne. victim circa 2007. Just don't ever think of the stuff as actually sports jackets. For example, I've never seen the "blazers" actually worn with the collars down. I mean, they don't even have the pretense of a melton. The Servolo, in particular, is best to be thought of more like a modified cadet jacket/cardigan than anything else. On me, at a very normal 5'11", that jacket hits barely under my belt line. Some of the other, 3 button jackets, hit about 1/2 way down my butt - not CM approved.
Of all the different materials, I like their double thinkness wool jersey, which is a staple every FW season, best.
If you are looking for less knits, and more fabrics like pressed and boiled wools, and a more structured look, Harris Wharf London is another alternative, though they have fewer models. They are growing (this is their 6th season), while Barena has been around for literally decades.
Where do you enter the code? I dont' see a spot for it.
This is the best advice:
This is a list of things I've bought at discount this season. All these were things that, at the beginning of the season, I shelved for things I wanted more.
1) Barena jacket at 30% off - I got it on Tuesday, and have worn it 2x already. I really like the company, and I've been looking for a super short jacket to relive my 90s uniform - short, fitted, jacket or shirt, baggy jeans, kicks. At $625 or so Stateside, it was something I wanted, but not that badly. At $375 for the Navy/midnight that compliments my skin tone and hair really well, it was a no brainer. I got it on Tuesday, and wore it both Wednesday and Thursday.
2) Ralph Lauren naval overshirt - at $350 or whatever, it was way too expensive for me, for what it was. Under $200? I can hack that.
3) Stark in military green - I picked this up for under $180. Not the favorite of my starks, and you have to be careful pairing it with jeans, but for the price, and given that I wear my S.N.S. Herning sweaters so much, not a complaint in the world.
4) Margiela 2 toned belt. Super nice - just that the layers of leather tend to separate, and have needed leather glue a few times already. Still trying to solve that dilemna. Glad that I picked it up for $130. Would have been pissed to have paid a full $270 for it. I am wearing it now.
5) Robert Geller Richard cardigan/jacket at 30% off- great fit, great material. My only beef is that i) It attracts lint, and ii)it pills like crazy. I have been shaving it, but I think that in the long run, I'll just let it pill and use it for that extremely casual, just chilling out, piece. Those are actually hard to come by.
6) Lots of socks and underwear - and no one regrets buying good socks and comfortable underwear.
The only thing that I have left coming is a pair of Norsestore Tricker's, and I've been eyeing them for a while as well. If I could justify it, I might pick up some Kimmel chukkas, but I doubt very much that that's in the cards.
tbh, I think that at least for this season, I am as satisfied, if not more, with my sales items I was with my full priced items. The secret is to only buy those items that you liked anyway.
Separate names with a comma.