1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Official Sales Alert thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jun 22, 2007.

Tags:
  1. long_knives

long_knives Senior member

I thought the same. But I don't think that's such a bad thing from w+h's perspective. They've positioned themselves we'll as a mid priced staples brand with decent margins (ts, chinos, jeans, hoodies) as opposed to other more expensive fashion brands that emerged at the same time (Like the now defunct nom de guerre and the soon to be defunct BOO) that are prone to trendiness. They're in it for the long haul.

2. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

Assuming you are in the US. You got lucky then. I think by law any incoming purchase is subject to customs unless you are buying US made goods and even then I have read of people getting hit with customs charges.

3. habitant

habitant Senior member

Have you gone yet?

4. Jvog

Jvog Senior member

If someone is planning on hitting up the W+H/RC sale, let me know, I need a proxy and willing to pay$$$.

5. endless402

endless402 Senior member

went today. the 2nd's are cheap. lots of chinos if you're 32+. You have to be careful about them though since some of the defects are pretty noticeable (usually extra cloth hanging out somewhere). it's a big mess so you have to be willing to go through boxes of stuff to find what you want. Lots of beauty & youth stuff since no one wanted it for the retail price

the regular stuff is slightly cheaper than at boxing day. lots of outerwear at 200-300. fishtails galore haha.
    Cowichan knits are about 150-180. Lots to choose from. Again, lots of stuff were in boxes so it's difficult to find stuff.

Overall, good bargains on the 2nds if you spend the time to dig through it and only if you go in the morning since they'll put the sizes in the correct areas.

6. Tsujigiri

Tsujigiri Senior member

I'm sure they'll let you pay full price if you want to...

7. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

There's no reason to buy W+H at anything more than half price.

1 person likes this.
  8. Louys

Louys Senior member

Who puts W+H on sale for 50% off and when?

9. althanis

althanis Senior member

I don't think that's a fair sentiment. For one, it's not as if he was photographing people dying, was he? Secondly, nature is beautiful as well as deadly, it would be stupid to pretend either of those 2 features don't exist.

But hey, don't let me stop the shit parade on someone else's harmless hobby.

Edited to include the word "don't."

Last edited: May 2, 2014
  10. Regg

Regg Senior member

Personally, I think the lame typical sales on lame boots are more offensive

11. long_knives

Whenever it hits 50% anywhere the only sizes left are xs and xl. It always seems to sell pretty well through by mid-season at around 25% off.

12. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

My point was more that it's not worth anything more than half retail. W+H thinks it's a designer line now or something. YMMV.

13. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

What lead you to determine that value as W+H product's true value/worth?

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, just curious.

14. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

They make decent basics. They didn't change much besides the price over the years since the initial Styleforum hype. A few new astronomically priced products that's about it. No such thing as "true value", but from my perspective, W+H is pretending to be something that it's not. A lot of stuff like the awful shawl collared peacoat sat around forever. Pretty sure the MA-1 hit 50% off at a lot of retailers as well.

15. long_knives

I'm hard pressed to think of ANY forum approved clothing brands that are worth full retail. Footwear is a different story.

4 people like this.
  16. SurakiCrim

SurakiCrim Senior member

any roden gray discounts going on that I might not know? Planning to pull the trigger on a JE villain hoodie and wanted to double check if there are any floating around.

17. Distorbiant

John Elliott? Epaulet? Alden (to the alden heads)? TOJ? Viberg? Vanson?

18. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

When someone buys designer (or repro) stuff at full price they're buying into something(s) whether it be design or quality or some combination of the two. W+H doesn't offer enough of either to justify the pricing.

Last edited: May 3, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  19. Distorbiant

I've found Reigning Champ stuff to be worth it tho. Though it is much more modestly priced.

20. long_knives

Yes, like I said shoes (and specialty leathers too) are different game. Strangely, JE and epaulet were the only ones that crossed my mind. Even then, there's nothing so great or different about either that I wouldn't hold out for a discount. I even think you can get discounted JE at revolve, but it may be one of those excluded brands.

... and marketing. People like to pay full price for that too.